TV Home Forum

The Late Late Gay Byrne Irish Television Thread

Irish TV legend passes away (October 2012)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BK
bkman1990
RTÉ Six-One News lead with the story about the dreadful house fire in Drimnagh this evening. Claire McNamara had reported on it.
BK
bkman1990
RTÉ One have tweaked their programme promos recently. The lower thirds are much bigger in them. But the logos for RTÉ One & RTÉ Player in them are located in the top left hand corner of the screen. They have one provided for one of it's newest Covid-19 programmes called ''Letters in Lockdown'' which is to be shown next week. And as The Late Late Show is having it's final episode tonight for the summer break; Love/Hate will return on RTÉ One at 10:50pm next Friday.
BK
bkman1990
The lotto draws that are broadcast on RTÉ One have been given new graphics.

Here's a look at some of their other new logos for their other draws.

Last edited by bkman1990 on 3 June 2020 8:23pm
JK
JKDerry
RTE and the Irish Lottery have always been fantastic at providing live draws - when in the UK the BBC have abandoned the lottery, RTE has kept their partnership with the Irish Lottery - you do get the feeling the Irish love their lottery games far more than the British love their lottery draws and games.
PF
PFML84
And they just start the programme, draw the numbers and leave. There is no gameshow planned around it or overhyped as some big event like it was back in the day.
uktvwatcher and JKDerry gave kudos
BA
Ballyboy
Scenery idents would be good for RTE ONE. from the Cliffs of Moher, Galway, Belfast, Cork or anywhere. Something like the utv 2006 idents
Last edited by Ballyboy on 7 June 2020 11:04am
GH
Ghost
RTE ONE & 2 seem to have new endboards

Already mentioned (on this very page!)

77 days later

BA
Ballyboy
I have a idea for a new look RTÈ ONE. it used to be called simply RTÉ with a st Brigid’s cross. if we have that then we got a rebrand. what do you think?
JB
JBie
I have a idea for a new look RTÈ ONE. it used to be called simply RTÉ with a st Brigid’s cross. if we have that then we got a rebrand. what do you think?

It could confuse a lot of people, like when Radio 1 was labelled "RTE 1" on the Radio Data System. I don't think the cross was ever really appropriate as a logo for the public service broadcaster and it would be really odd to bring it back now.
KU
Kunst
I think for coherence reasons, they could rebrand RTE One to RTE 1 or switch RTE 2 to RTE Two.

I know SRF in Switzerland is similar with this "oddity" (SRF1 and SRF Zwei) , except there it makes more sense when you look at the way graphics work
PF
PFML84
It was RTÉ TWO and then rebranded to using a 2 instead. ONE never changed and have been using the same idents and same style (with adjustments) of presentation since 2006. Personally, I hate RTÉ 2's on screen look. It's so disjointed, and actually is a reflection of what a mess of a channel it has become, so maybe it suits it?
DE88, Kunst and Ballyboy gave kudos
BA
Ballyboy
I don’t like RTÉ 2’s idents, I would’ve liked it if it featured the logo
Last edited by Ballyboy on 23 August 2020 11:34am

Newer posts