« Topics
gottago3,115 posts since 26 Aug 2004
London London
I wonder what the last programmes actually commissioned for night time (bar Nightscreen) actually were.

That’s excluding overnight versions of programmes shown at other times (such as Trisha, CDUK repeats etc) and football highlights

Was CD:UK Hotshots an original show made for night time or was it just a compilation of old performances?

I suppose Nightwatch with Steve Scott would have been one of the last to be commissioned though that was clips of old regional shows repackaged.

Also there was Bingo Night Live which, as far as I remember, wasn't strictly an ITV Play style show as it was entirely free to enter. I still don't understand the purpose of that programme as they were making no money from phone lines and I don't even think they were running any ads during the breaks so I don't know how it was making them any money.
Brekkie34,777 posts since 4 Jan 2003 Recently warned
HTV Wales Wales Today
American Gladiators was a regular overnight fixture, along with Gillette World Sports. Is that still going - I remember it briefly and unwisely replacing Trans World Sport on C4 a few years back but don't know if it is still running somewhere.
Stay Home. Protect the NHS. Save Lives.
Blake Connolly1,885 posts since 21 Apr 2001
London London
Gillette World Sport stopped in 2008-ish and then came back in 2015. Not sure whether it's still going, it was on BT Sport a few years ago but not any more. Had a quick look on their social media and they've not posted anything since 2018 which suggests not.
Brekkie gave kudos