TV Home Forum

New Sky channels: Crime, Comedy, Documentaries, Nature

Sky Documentaries, History and Nature now launched (August 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
WH
what
They've also been promoting a documentary series based around fraud in McDonalds Monopoly, made by HBO.
SH
Sh1ruba
what posted:
They've also been promoting a documentary series based around fraud in McDonalds Monopoly, made by HBO.

Which I'm interested in watching tbh.

Though I only liked McDonalds Monopoly for the free food prizes Laughing
JA
JAS84
Yeah, I like that game too - it should've been running right now, but for obvious reasons it was postponed. It is nice to buy a Big Mac or a McChicken Sandwich and Fries (I often use vouchers from WHSmith or Stagecoach buses to get those for £1.99 - I wonder if such deals will still exist when things go back to normal?), and peel off a token on the fries package that gives you a free apple pie or drink. I never manage to get a set of properties though. I'm always missing at least one of each colour (and at least one of the four train stations) when the promotion ends.

I wonder if this fraud relates to fake property tokens, so people claim prizes they're not entitled to?
VA
valley
JAS84 posted:
I wonder if this fraud relates to fake property tokens, so people claim prizes they're not entitled to?

McMillions (which is the name of this documentary) is about this fraud in particular, which was an inside job by someone who worked for the subcontractor who ran the game for McD's: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McDonald%27s_Monopoly#Fraud
JA
JAS84
So it was stolen rare property tokens, I was close. Thanks.
:-(
A former member
Not sure if it’s been mentioned but I’ve seen a promo today where the logo ‘folds out’ from Sky Docs to the full Sky Documentaries, so presumably the shorter version will be used in some situations.
SH
Sh1ruba
So History's website has been updated with the new Sky History logo and I spotted this logo for Sky History 2 on the TV guide.

And here's the new launch trailer for the newly-named channel
CR
Critique

Ah yes, I love watching Sky H2 History...!
JA
james-2001
William Shatner, that's the first thing I think of when I think about history.
JA
JAS84

Yeah, I'm surprised the H2 logo survived, I expected the new logo to be sky | H | History 2 .
ME
mediachris
So History's website has been updated with the new Sky History logo and I spotted this logo for Sky History 2 on the TV guide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4OgzTdyaXY
And here's the new launch trailer for the newly-named channel

A great trailer for the "new" channel. Not sure about the History 2 logo. As JAS84 pointed out, I thought it would've been stylised the way they've written it. I wonder if the new History Channels will have permanent DOGs or if they'll disappear like the other Sky channels.
KE
kernow
JAS84 posted:

Yeah, I'm surprised the H2 logo survived, I expected the new logo to be sky | H | History 2 .

I agree, especially as this was expected to be a transitional logo, where the History logo would eventually be dropped.

Newer posts