« Topics
Jonwo (previously Jonwo87) 1,115 posts since 20 Sep 2007
If only BM11 wasn't banned, we could have found out what the ultimate arbiters of familiarity, his parents, thought.

I still cannot believe he got banned before he was finally vindicated on one of his doom laden predictions. He was the ultimate "Cassandra"

Imagine what he'd be predicting now though. He'd be finding the most dramatic articles about predicted number of deaths and length of lockdown.

Unfortunately, he's continuing his doom mongering on another forum I frequent.
JKDerry2,564 posts since 15 Oct 2016
UTV Newsline
It will be interesting to see what the BBC do with their ratings juggernaut of Strictly Come Dancing for 2020 - the show has been a constant hit, beating ITV year after year really since 2012 - I wonder how this 2020 series might change all that.

Strictly is a huge part of BBC One's autumn schedule, and with the near certainty that Blackpool special will be cancelled this series for obvious reasons, an audience-less Strictly will be an option, but can it work?
JKDerry2,564 posts since 15 Oct 2016
UTV Newsline
I doubt Strictly will even happen this year. Maybe a push to January?

I have been reading on an audience less version, because it is becoming obvious that COVID-19 is going to be with us even into Jan 2021, and simply pushing shows into 2021 is not going to work, simply kicking the can down the road.

A simplified version of Strictly could be formatted. No audience, smaller sets, less contestants involved could be the answer, which is what is being speculated, even from Craig Revel Horwood who said the show could still air this autumn.

If Strictly is postponed for 2020, then BBC One is going to have a huge hole in its Saturday schedules come September.
Brekkie34,774 posts since 4 Jan 2003 Recently warned
HTV Wales Wales Today
They've already said Blackpool is off the agenda. It'll end up being like football - social distance everywhere except on the pitch.

If the BBC did lose it for the autumn though they've not much to worry about - ITV were having to rebuild their autumn schedule from scratch anyway having pulled The X Factor.
Stay Home. Protect the NHS. Save Lives.
Brekkie34,774 posts since 4 Jan 2003 Recently warned
HTV Wales Wales Today
Emmerdale is back filming six lockdown episodes with pairs of characters on set in two handers, pretty much all featuring the Dingles. Seems the best way to bridge the gap between fiction and reality with episodes effectively filling in the gaps of the last few weeks.

Excellent news. This should stop the show going off air for a while anyway. I'm glad 2 of my favourites Aaron and Chas are included in this although not together.

The six episodes chosen show how reliant they are on the Dingles with 5 of them featuring them, and the sixth being Jimmy and Nicola. I'm not fully up to speed on Emmerdale and I know the storyline is playing out over the next couple of weeks but I'd have thought Jamie and Andrea would be an obvious one to do as a couple splitting up, but stuck together in lockdown. Even he's having an affair with a Dingle though.
Stay Home. Protect the NHS. Save Lives.
Jez gave kudos
Steve Williams3,149 posts since 1 Aug 2008
Doubt Masked Singer USA will be centre of primetime. 6pm seems more likely but agree it won't do well. Doubt it'll last at 6pm for 13 weeks.

It reminds me of when Popstars was a hit, and ITV quickly rushed out the Australian and Irish versions, the former on Saturday teatimes and the latter as part of SMTV, but neither were particularly popular. Mind you, the British version came about after Nigel Lythgoe watched the Australian version when he was on holiday.
RDJ2,973 posts since 25 Oct 2003
Central (South) Midlands Today
ITV were having to rebuild their autumn schedule from scratch anyway having pulled The X Factor.

I actually think pulling X Factor this year for ITV has been a blessing in disguise for them.

This I would say is likely to pave the way for the Britain’s Got Talent Finals to take place on Saturdays through the Autumn. They’ve got the talent and the acts ready and an overdue Final, so it’s the perfect set up for it.

A few factors could affect it though. Obviously whether by September/October it is feasible for such a show to take place as per the government guidelines at the time. Whether Ant & Dec are going to be available for the majority due to I’m A Celeb commitments (however IAC is likely cancelled this year I suspect).

And if there’s any reason why BGT can’t air then they could just go with The Voice Finals if that’s a possible alternative.

I think the Stars In Their Eyes idea that was mooted before Coronavirus is now officially a non-starter given the amount of pre-production that would be required to get the show to air.

Indeed if neither BGT or The Voice is possible then it’s likely the BBC will be in the same boat too. But it’s going to be harder for the BBC to arrange Strictly then it is for ITV to opt for two Talent finals that are ready to go ahead, even if it’s in a slightly rehashed format.
Central News South
January 9th 1989 - December 3rd 2006
Steve Williams3,149 posts since 1 Aug 2008
The six episodes chosen show how reliant they are on the Dingles with 5 of them featuring them, and the sixth being Jimmy and Nicola.

What's the problem with being "reliant on the Dingles"? They're all different characters, they just happen to be in the same family, which is something the writers have chosen to do because it creates more story possibilities. When Emmerdale started it was based entirely around the Sugden family. It's hardly as if it means they're hamstrung if some of them leave, they'll just create more Dingles.

It's like arguing Romeo and Juliet is reliant on the Montagus and Capulets.
Jon gave kudos