TV Home Forum

Channel 4

General Discussion (November 2009)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JL
JamesLaverty1925
Josh posted:
Channel 4 are repeating the Countdown 30th Birthday Championship due to COVID-19, featuring the old studio.

It seems today they’ve jumped a few years to 2017 and they’re showing one of the finals from that year, as well as Susie Dent’s 25th anniversary on the show. Cue a random cut away to Richard Whiteley on today’s repeat.

According to the C4C forum, the contestant who should have been on today in the 30th BC repeats asked not to have his episode repeated due to "personal reasons", so it will probably be back to "new normal" tomorrow.
BR
Brekkie
Hopefully they lost then otherwise it'll keep happening until they're eliminated.
JA
JAS84
Josh posted:
Channel 4 are repeating the Countdown 30th Birthday Championship due to COVID-19, featuring the old studio.

It seems today they’ve jumped a few years to 2017 and they’re showing one of the finals from that year, as well as Susie Dent’s 25th anniversary on the show. Cue a random cut away to Richard Whiteley on today’s repeat.

According to the C4C forum, the contestant who should have been on today in the 30th BC repeats asked not to have his episode repeated due to "personal reasons", so it will probably be back to "new normal" tomorrow.
If it's a male contestant, then he won, and one more episode will have to be skipped.
http://wiki.apterous.org/Episode_5626
HC
Hatton Cross
One the one hand you'd suspect that the contestant release form signed on the day of recording, would allow Channel 4/ITV Studios the right to show any programme without further permission from the contestants - so it's nice to see that they are doing checks, to see if previous contestants have no problem with repeat showings.

I know it's sometimes the case (as Deal Or No Deal found out) to have a 'not for broadcast sticker' slapped on an episode between recording and transmission, but this must be an even rarer case of one go on between orignal broadcast and a one off repeat.
GO
gottago
Oddly they've got Craig Cash to redub the links in Celebrity Gogglebox USA but haven't changed the script so he ends up saying things like "This week we watched Dirty Dancing on Pop TV". Why not just change it to "This week America watched Dirty Dancing?" None of the footage seems to have DOGs on it either so it's not really like that would confuse things. Not sure why they've gone to the trouble of redubbing it at all really unless they regularly name check Celebrity Watch Party which is how it's known in the US.
BR
Brekkie
Well they're essentially trying to sell it to us as regular Gogglebox but with US celebs watching US TV. It just didn't work for me when I watched it last week - seemed to be a bit too much about celebs watching TV. Gogglebox itself is of course far more than that.

BTW another run of Celebrity Gogglebox here has been confirmed - not sure if it starts immediately off the back of the current series, which I'm guessing has been extended. It is doing particularly well in lockdown.
JA
JAS84
Oddly they've got Craig Cash to redub the links in Celebrity Gogglebox USA but haven't changed the script so he ends up saying things like "This week we watched Dirty Dancing on Pop TV". Why not just change it to "This week America watched Dirty Dancing?" None of the footage seems to have DOGs on it either so it's not really like that would confuse things. Not sure why they've gone to the trouble of redubbing it at all really unless they regularly name check Celebrity Watch Party which is how it's known in the US.
That channel reference really should've been removed, since Pop in this country is the name of an unrelated kids channel.
BR
Brekkie
I wonder if name checking the channel is part of the deal for including footage from the programme.
TE
Technologist
I wonder if name checking the channel is part of the deal for including footage from the programme.

Or just copyright "fair comment" attribution
DB
dbl
Sunday Brunch appear to be back in the studio, socially distanced.
JO
Jonwo
dbl posted:
Sunday Brunch appear to be back in the studio, socially distanced.

I assume they've been able to do set changes that allows minimal contact?

I don't normally watch Sunday Brunch but Tom Allen has been brilliant as a guest so far.
MA
markbaines
I reckon it's because LW is in TC1 and Lorraine isn't using it atm so they are able to keep the set in place

Newer posts