TV Home Forum

Good Morning Britain in 2020

Split from Good Morning Britain (January 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
FL
Flux
I don’t think that was ever in question. It was more the fact he just held his phone up to his mic rather than the show actually showing a clip made it look like he’d gone off script.

Maybe tomorrow he could have the live iPlayer open on an iPad and the camera could just zoom into it!

I quite liked it personally. I assume Piers wanted to reference it as soon as he'd heard it and this was just the quickest way to respond to it on air. I can't imagine GMB have a speedy way to turn around clips from BBC Breakfast to show in a matter of minutes, especially with their current skeleton team, and Piers probably couldn't/wouldn't hold his tongue until it was clipped up properly in a few ad breaks' time!
AndrewPSSP, Ittr and Jeffmister gave kudos
OM
Omnipresent
Piers' response may have been over the top - I guess the use of his phone gave a sense of immediacy and suits his image of leading a personal crusade, but the BBC has been far too timid over government boycotts of the Today programme and Newsnight.

If the government chooses to actively boycott specific programmes they should be empty chaired.
Last edited by Omnipresent on 19 May 2020 9:27pm
RN
Rolling News
Piers will be taking next week off for half term for a holiday in his broom cupboard. Susanna and Dr Hilary are also off. They will be replaced by Ben, Charlotte and Ranvir.
BR
Brekkie
I suspect the government boycott may end, temporarily at least, next week.
JB
JasonB
Piers will be taking next week off for half term for a holiday in his broom cupboard. Susanna and Dr Hilary are also off. They will be replaced by Ben, Charlotte and Ranvir.

Here's your typical click baity misleading headline I've seen about this from several online newspapers:

"Piers Morgan reveals he's going to be replaced next week on GMB"

The actual article is just about them going on a weeks break.

https://www.ok.co.uk/tv/daytime/piers-morgan-replaced-gmb-susanna-22055600?fbclid=IwAR3RdHFaKrX8uf-jL8PmbiQbv8Jd0CvPPy5-rALXY2N-48B7XxNvwN8ByiY
BR
Brekkie
I guess Holly and Phil will be AXED next week too.
CA
cal0906
Is Lorraine off next week aswell?
BR
Brekkie
Guess it might be GMB with Christine if she is.
Rolling News and DeMarkay gave kudos
RD
RDJ
Guess it might be GMB with Christine if she is.

What could have been! Just need Adrian Chiles back and it’s as if we’ve all teleported 10 years in the past!
Ittr and Rolling News gave kudos
JW
JamesWorldNews

RN
Rolling News

Here's your typical click baity misleading headline I've seen about this from several online newspapers:

"Piers Morgan reveals he's going to be replaced next week on GMB"

The actual article is just about them going on a weeks break.

https://www.ok.co.uk/tv/daytime/piers-morgan-replaced-gmb-susanna-22055600?fbclid=IwAR3RdHFaKrX8uf-jL8PmbiQbv8Jd0CvPPy5-rALXY2N-48B7XxNvwN8ByiY

I particularly love this one:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/11672986/piers-morgan-good-morning-britain-ofcom-complaints/utm_campaign=sunmainfacebookutm_medium=socialutm_source=facebookechobox=1590044012
FA
fanoftv
Charlotte is presenting this morning but using a laptop on the right hand seat of the desk. The original desk in 2014 (and I assume subsequent shrinking) had under the desk monitors for all four position, but would the TVC set not have been fitted with one as (in normal situations) it is rarely used by a main presenter? Has Susanna also used a laptop when sitting there?

Newer posts