« Topics
VMPhil10,397 posts since 31 Mar 2005
Granada North West Today
Remember the days when such an event would result in an ident worthy of five pages of posts within half an hour?

I'm sure you'll be in the thoughts and prayers of the 35,000 families who lost loved one's to this "event" which resulted In idents you didn't like. I'm sure they feel your pain. Stay strong.

I know, I almost thought I'd logged onto a TV presentation forum when I read those posts. God forbid we have people complaining/joking about idents on here. Jesus.
Steve in Pudsey10,872 posts since 4 Jan 2003
Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
Remember the days when such an event would result in an ident worthy of five pages of posts within half an hour?

I'm sure you'll be in the thoughts and prayers of the 35,000 families who lost loved one's to this "event" which resulted In idents you didn't like. I'm sure they feel your pain. Stay strong.

Please learn to read and understand that which you comment on and the context of the post.

"Event" clearly referred to the launch of a new BBC 1 ident.
Write that down in your copybook now.
Rory and Brekkie gave kudos
Jonny4,005 posts since 27 Nov 2006
Tyne Tees Look North (North East)

Remember the days when such an event would result in five pages of posts within half an hour?

There’s not even “any caps???”.

I remember back in August 2008, sat in an airport in Florida, reading about "two new BBC One idents" launching soon and the embarrassing excitement sparked by the reveals of "Capes" and "Dog Display" (two fab idents of recent years, in my opinion).

The words "Knitting" and "Choir" now don't even warrant a post, or even a jaded "meh". They can't be as bad as what I'm imagining, you think to yourself. Until you visit TV Home and realise, no... they're somehow worse.
youtube
Jeffmister gave kudos
cylon63,726 posts since 6 Mar 2005
London London

I think the deaths from Covid 19 are awful. I also think these idents are crap. Two independent thoughts.

Steve was just saying that when a new ident was announced there'd be excitement on here, like during the circle era. Now under Oneness we know to expect something that won't be great.
mat76, DavidWhitfield and what gave kudos