TV Home Forum

New BBC Local Radio jingles

Launched on Radio Leicester (January 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
IS
Inspector Sands
I had a listen to a bits of few of the stations when they changed and did hear one presenter make a side comment about forgetting/missing the fade point on the opening bed

9 days later

SA
samdarleyeditor
I thought this might be of interest, I'd also like to post it on the jingle mad forum aswell but it won't let me create an account, does anyone know what's up with that?

anyway I hope you find this interesting

https://youtu.be/ENjMRvx7zqw
Anglialad and Robert Williams gave kudos
RW
Robert Williams Founding member
I thought this might be of interest, I'd also like to post it on the jingle mad forum aswell but it won't let me create an account, does anyone know what's up with that?

Very interesting presentation about the evolution of the new jingle package, thank you for posting the link. Also reveals at the end that Radio London is the only station that will use voiceovers in place of the sung vocals.

I'm a member of that forum so I can post the link over there.
AndrewPSSP, samdarleyeditor and Anglialad gave kudos
DJ
DJ Dave

Summaya (in the video) and from BBC Leicester was on Radio 1 at Christmas when I was there, I'm glad they went with "The Sound of Area" strap instead of "The soundtrack to your life" sounds much better and more local in today's networking world of radio.
WA
watchingtv
BBC Radio Norfolk have changed today. There is no build up to the 1pm TOTH.
IS
Inspector Sands

Going by the breakfast show, which is the only one online at the moment, they've got a much nicer version for the hour opener. The name of the station isn't sung and there's none of the silly 'music you love' singing either.
MA
Markymark
I'd not heard any of the new jingles until the weekend, while idly fidding with a DAB radio. It was BBC Surrey. I actually laughed out loud when I heard the initials BBC being sung. It reminded me of the Radio 4 comedy RadioActive from 40 years ago. Reinforcing the notion that satire is merely an accurate prediction of the future!
AndrewPSSP, Night Thoughts and London Lite gave kudos
WA
watchingtv

Going by the breakfast show, which is the only one online at the moment, they've got a much nicer version for the hour opener. The name of the station isn't sung and there's none of the silly 'music you love' singing either.

Oh 'music you love' is there! Used before a song.

Change occurred at midnight, mid show. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p08cf3x8

EDIT: Also travel now read by the BBC Radio presenter.
Last edited by watchingtv on 18 May 2020 7:49pm
IS
Inspector Sands
I'd not heard any of the new jingles until the weekend, while idly fidding with a DAB radio. It was BBC Surrey. I actually laughed out loud when I heard the initials BBC being sung. It reminded me of the Radio 4 comedy RadioActive from 40 years ago. Reinforcing the notion that satire is merely an accurate prediction of the future!

I think you must have heard a varient I haven't as the initials 'BBC' are one of the few bits in the package that aren't sung.

Not that it would be a new thing, Radio 2's jingles have had a sung 'BBC' in different ways for many years.
DJ
DJ Dave

I think you must have heard a varient I haven't as the initials 'BBC' are one of the few bits in the package that aren't sung.

Not that it would be a new thing, Radio 2's jingles have had a sung 'BBC' in different ways for many years.

Think be means the notes/jingle sound sound like "B" "B" "C"
AndrewPSSP and DeMarkay gave kudos
SP
Spencer
Of course the second BBC LR Mcasso package had some truly dreadful, strained sounding “BBC” (but not the station name) sung vocals which, IIRC, were added several months after it launched.

It was a shame as I thought they spoilt an otherwise decent package which was a huge improvement on its predecessor – now that really did sound like something from a twee local radio parody.
AM
Alfie Mulcahy
From what I can tell the stations still to receive the new package are:

Radio Kent
Radio London
Radio Berkshire
Radio Suffolk
BBC Essex?

Newer posts