TV Home Forum

Who Wants to be a Millionaire?

Sunday 8pm on ITV (February 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
LL
Larry the Loafer
With Quiz debuting on BritBox tomorrow is it leaving ITV Hub?

Yes.
NW
nwtv2003

Yes.

Quiz was added to BritBox today, I’m not sure why ITV are promoting it as tomorrow.
JO
Jon
Johnr posted:
...Forgot she was a chef though, so I suppose the £125,000 means about the same as a million to some of the other contestants!

A waitress Clarkson said. But yes she was easier to warm to than most of the contestants and we got a lot more background tonight, but I think that was left in to help fill the extra 10 minutes. The ratio of chatter and questions worked well with that contestant and I think it was the right balance they should always go for.
JO
Johnr
Something else I've just realized about tonight, I don't think the family and friends in the audience were mentioned at all for any contestant? Which is strange as they were definetely there!
JA
JAS84
Shows stay on the Hub for 30 days, right? And Quiz aired 13-15 April.
JE
Jez Founding member
Enjoyed this run of Who Wants to be a Millionaire. A lot of contestants lost money in this series, some a significant amount of money. I guess sometimes its worth taking a calculated risk depending how much you stand to lose but was surprised some took a guess and lost quite a lot as a result.
JO
Jonwo
Jez posted:
Enjoyed this run of Who Wants to be a Millionaire. A lot of contestants lost money in this series, some a significant amount of money. I guess sometimes its worth taking a calculated risk depending how much you stand to lose but was surprised some took a guess and lost quite a lot as a result.

I think if you've got no lifelines left and not set your second safety nest, it's not worth taking that risk if you're at £16,000 or £32,000 and it's better just to walk.
JO
Jon
Jonwo posted:
Jez posted:

I think if you've got no lifelines left and not set your second safety nest, it's not worth taking that risk if you're at £16,000 or £32,000 and it's better just to walk.

£16,000 or £32,000 means different things to different people. Some people would of the mindset a £16,000 or £32,000 punt to possibly win a million would be worth it, most people wouldn’t be in the position to take that risk.
chinamug and Brekkie gave kudos
CH
chinamug
Jon posted:
Jonwo posted:
Jez posted:

£16,000 or £32,000 means different things to different people. Some people would of the mindset a £16,000 or £32,000 punt to possibly win a million would be worth it, most people wouldn’t be in the position to take that risk.

I've one friend from School days and he earns more than 16 grand in a month, I have another who doesn't earn 16 grand in a year. The 16 grand a month friend wouldn't start to sweat until the 1/4 of a Million Question. I could see the 16 grand a year friend settling at 8k.
FL
Flux
JAS84 posted:
I bet the games were broadcast out of order, and that £500,000 winner a couple of days ago was that moment.

I have to say watching that £1million question after watching Quiz so recently, it felt like the contestant was throwing some shade at Major Ingram when he said it would be madness to take a gamble at this point! It also reaffirms how ludicrous it was to do so.
MA
Markymark
I read elsewhere that all of last week's WWTBAMs had no right channel audio !! ?

Did anyone notice ?
JJ
Juicy Joe Founding member
I read elsewhere that all of last week's WWTBAMs had no right channel audio !! ?

Did anyone notice ?

Yes.

Certainly, I noticed there was a lack of volume from my Dolby Surround Sound setup from the early 90's from the back speakers last week during the shows, especially the right side. I thought it was my Freeview box as if you turn it off/on, sometimes the surround sound is restored. However, this was not the case on WWTBAM, I checked other channels at the same time and the sound was normal. Definitely a lack of stereo sound during the programme all week.

What would have caused this, would this be a transmission issue or a technical problem that no-one was aware of at the time of recording?

Newer posts