TV Home Forum

Eurovision 2021 - Netherlands - NPO/AVROTROS/NOS

Ahoy Arena - Rotterdam - 18/20/22 May 2021 (May 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DO
dosxuk
Apologies if I’ve missed this but I’d not heard it before

Insurance for what though - the Wifi going down?

Putting on the actual event.

Events are insured against things happening that prevent them from occurring, as once you book the event that sets into chain a whole load of costs that won't get refunded if the event doesn't happen. There are often complicated rules about what the insurance will actually pay out for, often depending on how far along you are with putting the event together.
UKnews, Jonwo and Brekkie gave kudos
BR
Brekkie
Ok, that makes sense. I kept reading it as they couldn't get a new remote Song Contest insured rather than a pay out for the cancellation of the original prevented it happening.
JO
Josh
Looks like they're reusing graphics from Israel 2019.
DV
dvboy
To think the BBC weren't going to show this on BBC1 originally, and it turns out their own programme was much better.
BR
Brekkie
Ok, I'm an hour and 20 behind but Johnny Logan was a very downbeat way to begin. Would be far more suitable for a reflective moment later in the show.
DV
dvboy
Ok, I'm an hour and 20 behind but Johnny Logan was a very downbeat way to begin. Would be far more suitable for a reflective moment later in the show.

It doesn't get much more upbeat unfortunately.
JJ
Juicy Joe Founding member
There is a lot of filler and interviews and old timers singing in tonight's show. They should be using this time to show the whole performance of each entry, rather than just showing 30 second snippets of each one. That would improve the show somewhat.

You can get that on YouTube. This is a brilliant piece of television.

Well, I wouldn't go that far. I would describe it as being totally normal. But I'm enjoying it though - an extra 30 seconds of each performance wouldn't have gone amiss.

The 'Love Shine a Light' band rendition was beautifully put together and sounded tremendously rich and orchestral!! That was unmissable and the best part of the show!!
Last edited by Juicy Joe on 16 May 2020 9:37pm
UK
UKnews

Shall I tell Brekkie or does someone else want to Shocked
BR
Brekkie
Seems odd to essentially give each act the opportunity to make fairly political statements when they usually do all they can to avoid it.
SC
scottishtv Founding member
Seems odd to essentially give each act the opportunity to make fairly political statements when they usually do all they can to avoid it.
I think you're somehow confusing well-meant warm wishes and generic public health advice with... political statements?
DV
DVB Cornwall

Last edited by DVB Cornwall on 16 May 2020 10:42pm
DavidWhitfield and Josh gave kudos
JO
Josh
Surely it's more sense to have a new thread for 2021 instead of keeping the 2020 thread for two years?

Newer posts