The Newsroom

BBC News (UK) presentation - Reith launch onwards

From Monday 15th July 2019 (July 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
CM
cmthwtv
I am confused as to how BBC News determine when it is suitable to return to normal scheduling and whether it will return to how it was before. I doubt VD will return for a start.
GI
ginnyfan
I wish they wouldn't. This schedule works fine for both WN and NC and is on the budget. More straight-forward bulletins and overall better presentation. I say keep it like this permanently!
KE
kernow
I wish they wouldn't. This schedule works fine for both WN and NC and is on the budget. More straight-forward bulletins and overall better presentation. I say keep it like this permanently!

One problem with the current arrangement is that they sometimes have to cut interviews short, or pause and then go back to them, because of having to "say goodbye to viewers on BBC World News"
HA
harshy Founding member

Well if there was a choice I’d rather bbc world news do their own thing it’s takes too long to go to the international stories with this arrangement.
RN
Rolling News
I'd keep straight bulletins on both NC and World but have both channels kept separate for obvious reasons. No more VD, Newsroom Live (which I've never understood the point of) or Afternoon Live (Simon and Martine can still be amusing without the gimmicks). And stop all the international simulcast in the evening unless it's warranted and then keep it to straight bulletins.
MF
Matthew_Fieldhouse
I'd keep straight bulletins on both NC and World but have both channels kept separate for obvious reasons. No more VD, Newsroom Live (which I've never understood the point of) or Afternoon Live (Simon and Martine can still be amusing without the gimmicks). And stop all the international simulcast in the evening unless it's warranted and then keep it to straight bulletins.

Newsroom and Afternoon Live are basically just BBC News bulletins with small changes like News Nationwide which is alright. Simulcasting is partly due to budget so can't be removed completely.
WH
what
The budget just isn’t there to split World News and the NC 24hours a day.
CM
cmthwtv

I am currently suffering withdrawal symptoms from the Afternoon titles music therefore would struggle to comprehend its absence on a permanent basis.
:-(
A former member
Some standard BBC logic with today’s coronavirus update on BBC1 which was then followed by BBC News. Talk about coronavirus for twenty minutes or so, then go to a break and start the whole thing again. Why not just run through rather than treat them as 2 separate programmes?
RN
Rolling News
Some standard BBC logic with today’s coronavirus update on BBC1 which was then followed by BBC News. Talk about coronavirus for twenty minutes or so, then go to a break and start the whole thing again. Why not just run through rather than treat them as 2 separate programmes?

I guess they see the coronavirus update as rolling news format with lots of new information coming in all at once, with the News bulletin that follows as a fixed summary of everything that's happened not just in the briefing but all day around the world.
NF
NewsFan
Has anyone else noticed the slight alteration of Cam 5's shift in Studio E during the opening titles?
ST
Stuart
Has anyone else noticed the slight alteration of Cam 5's shift in Studio E during the opening titles?

It's always needlessly swivelled during the opening titles since back in 2013.

Newer posts