TV Home Forum

Eurovision 2021 - Netherlands - NPO/AVROTROS/NOS

Ahoy Arena - Rotterdam - 18/20/22 May 2021 (May 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MI
Michael
But, who would they have to sacrafice for the stage performance?
There were six of them in the video. Isn't Eurovision rules that state no more than 5 on the stage? (although backing singers are allowed in the shadows stage left or right)

The band has been put together especially for Eurovision so they would have known the rules beforehand.
DV
DVB Cornwall
Dadi got an invite to Melodifestivalen 2021 last night, as a reward for winning the SVT programme. He's also got a wonderful Swedish glass trophy, dare I say it classier than the official ESC one, winging it's way to him too.
JO
Jon
He's also got a wonderful Swedish glass trophy, dare I say it classier than the official ESC one, winging it's way to him too.

Yeah, but he’ll spend hours trying to put it together.
DV
DVB Cornwall
Hilversum studio pictures .....

HC
Hatton Cross
Eurovision just loves it's wraparound LED screens and vari lights, doesn't it?
JB
JasonB
I wonder what a certain Tower will be doing tonight as there's no contest this year?
JA
james-2001
Watching Jimmy Cricket DVDs and wishing they were being shown on B1.
JetixFann450, JasonB and Brekkie gave kudos
DW
DavidWhitfield
Someone put together a really rather impressive 'working from home' approximation of this year's contest, complete with their version of the initial parade, the performances, the interval entertainment, and the voting. It's really rather good.

If you're missing Eurovision this year, the next time you find yourself with three hours to kill, have a look. (They even did semi-finals for the real hardcore fans!)

Grand final video:

MA
mapperuo
Im surprised the BBC havent been able to get a clean feed of the performances they are replaying, some obvious blurring going on to cover numbers/country name.
GO
gottago
Im surprised the BBC havent been able to get a clean feed of the performances they are replaying, some obvious blurring going on to cover numbers/country name.

I'm not sure any exist do they? Everything the EBU uploads has the graphics on (I think).

I'm really digging this format I have to say. Full performances, not cut to shreds and no gimmicks. Loads of recent stuff as well rather than the usual ancient songs you get on a Eurovision archive show. Almost feels like a proper contest with the postcards included and Graham's commentary. I can't really remember what the original press release said but I don't think this is what it was originally going to be, I guess the had to change a few elements when the EBU decided to do a show themselves.
BR
Brekkie
Yes, glad this isn't the usual talking heads rubbish and for once feels like a "celebration" of Eurovision which respects it rather than mocks it. Definitely a show that benefits from the restrictions of lockdown.
TVArchive and MrUdagawa gave kudos
:-(
A former member
Great show so far, totally agree with previous posts. ABBA will surely win though?

Newer posts