TV Home Forum

Who Wants to be a Millionaire?

Sunday 8pm on ITV (February 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JO
Jon
Also I’d say it’s not about ‘bubbly people’, just relatable people.
BR
Brekkie
I guess even if they go a 50/50 split on bubbly versus quizzer in the fastest finger first seats you can't guarantee a 50/50 split in the hotseat. I would say though Beat the Chasers went the other way a bit too much and seemed to go for characters rather than middle aged quizzers - but some of those characters proved to be good quizzers too.
DW
DavidWhitfield
Yes, agree they need a mix.
You need those Fiona Wheeler contestants - those 'normal' people who live in modest surroundings and have a 'normal' job and for whom a win of £16,000 would mean the world and who seem to be loving every minute of being in the chair.
Makes you (or me, at least!) root for them that little bit more.
BR
Brekkie
You need those Fiona Wheeler contestants - those 'normal' people who live in modest surroundings and have a 'normal' job and for whom a win of £16,000 would mean the world and who seem to be loving every minute of being in the chair.

I also think that is why it is important for the shows to be recorded much closer to transmission - it just adds that bit of excitement knowing you'll be on TV within the week or so rather than at some point a few months down the line.
JO
Johnr
https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/11618733/the-chases-mark-labbett-claims-quizzers-cheated-on-who-wants-to-be-a-millionaire-with-nods-and-winks-behind-host/

No idea why Mark Labbett has suddenly decided to pipe up with some complete nonsense, it would be rather difficult to organize that to begin with considering the audience seating sat behind Chris/Jeremy isn't 'allocated' in any particular way...
JO
Jon
I don’t think he’d have made it up. He may have just been told of it happening once, but I suspect there is some truth in it. It might have not been the audience it may have been people on the fastest finger seats. Also where do the stand by contestants sit, maybe they were always seated in a particular position?
JA
JAS84
He could've SEEN it happening, he was a contestant once before he was a Chaser.
CA
Capybara
Jon posted:
I don’t think he’d have made it up. He may have just been told of it happening once, but I suspect there is some truth in it. It might have not been the audience it may have been people on the fastest finger seats. Also where do the stand by contestants sit, maybe they were always seated in a particular position?

Don't know if it was artistic license or not but on Quiz there was a point made about how any relatives are always sat behind the contestant in the chair, that's why Diana was always looking up at the screen because that was the only way she could watch him.
SC
Score
It looks like as part of the scramble to find programmes to cover all the live events and dramas that have dropped out of the schedule, Clarkson's first series of Millionaire is getting a repeat run. First episode is scheduled for Tuesday 26th May at 8pm.

Presumably it will continue weekly so they might want to edit out the references to it being on every night as from what I remeber it was mentioned quite a lot.
SS
SuperSajuuk
Jon posted:

Don't know if it was artistic license or not but on Quiz there was a point made about how any relatives are always sat behind the contestant in the chair, that's why Diana was always looking up at the screen because that was the only way she could watch him.

The reason any friends of the contestant are behind them was explained by Paul Smith in the Major Fraud documentary by Martin Bashir (which has been completely eradicated from YouTube now): it was to remove any potential of collusion between contestant and friend, because Paul believed that if anyone was likely to collude, it would be between the person brought along by the contestant. So that part is not artistic license.
MU
MrUdagawa

I agree, but also not sure those with that sort of story would work in the current format- as they rattle through so quickly there wouldn't be enough time for us to find out anything about her, or care.
JO
Jon
Basically it continues to be just teachers, legal practitioners and doctors.

Newer posts