TV Home Forum

Good Morning Britain in 2020

Split from Good Morning Britain

JK
JKDerry UTV Newsline
GMB is a problem with Piers Moron at the helm. This is the danger when you hire in an ego maniac like Piers. Very interesting information about him from his arch enemy Ian Hislop, who said Piers has a very thin skin. He was so used to be the king of the newspaper newsroom for years, where everyone bowed to him, and always sucked up to him and agreed at everything he said.

I always loved the Have I Got News For You appearance Piers did in 1996 where he was roundly minced by Ian and rightly so. He felt that he could win over the studio audience by insulting Ian, which was never going to work.

For anyone who has really had enough the ego maniac, just watch the Have I Got News For You clip of him, and it does make your heart warm a bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6TcgfjcOPU
AndrewPSSP, jason2016 and DavidWhitfield gave kudos
JK
JKDerry UTV Newsline
I do love the bit at around the three minute mark in the clip when Piers tried to direct fire at Clive Anderson with the "what do you know about newspaper editing Clive?" - forgetting that Clive Anderson was and is an excellent fully trained barrister who came back with "about as much as you do".
JK
JKDerry UTV Newsline
Stephen Fry came up with a good Piers Morgan joke according to Ian Hislop. Stephen was on a radio programme and they were doing dictionary definitions and it came up "what is the definition of countryside?" and Stephen replied "murdering Piers Morgan".
Spencer and DavidWhitfield gave kudos
UK
UKnews
Stephen Fry came up with a good Piers Morgan joke according to Ian Hislop. Stephen was on a radio programme and they were doing dictionary definitions and it came up "what is the definition of countryside?" and Stephen replied "murdering Piers Morgan".

That was during the 'Uxbridge English Dictionary' round of 'I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue'
EL
elmarko Central Reporting Scotland
Can confirm
RH
richard h
Being in a similar position to yourself living with a shielded person I think coverage generally has been poor for them, failing to acknowledge there is a huge proportion of the public advised not to even go for that once a day walk - and failing to address that for them nothing had changed with the advise this week and more importantly, to my knowledge not challenging that.

Anyway, Piers ranting again tonight about the government not providing senior ministers for the last three weeks - I'm guessing they let them on the show on Thursdays until he started doing 4 days a week, although to be fair they boycotted last week as well when he was off.

I've seen no information for the shielded but I've seen people are getting contacted to say its now 18 weeks - I think they just said 12 weeks to make it sound more acceptable and will just keep extending it - once we get past the summer months some will have adapted to it and with the colder weather most won't object to keep going for the rest of the year

If they are avoiding Piers they should have been on any day last week or agree to only do Friday's - for me they have no excuse for not going on last week when Ben is a much more fluffy interviewer although Ranvir might have still gone at them
AN
Andrew Founding member Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
I have to say both replacing “Lorraine” with “GMB with Lorraine” and the fact it now airs 9-10am has worked out very well during this pandemic.

It’s basically a second later breakfast Show now for those people having a lie in. Newsy enough for those who want something serious but still with the friendly Lorraine touch.

Can you imagine if they were still wrapping up at 9:25 to go into Jeremy Kyle!
BR
Brekkie Recently warned Wales Wales Today
Can you imagine them having to film new episodes of Jeremy Kyle with social distancing? Very Happy
Turns out nobody had 2020 vision.
DW
DavidWhitfield Tyne Tees Look North (North East)
Can you imagine them having to film new episodes of Jeremy Kyle with social distancing? Very Happy

DID YOU SLEEP WITH MY SISTER WHILE I WAS IN ISOLATION?
Guess who's big in the back time!
RD
RDJ Central (West) Midlands Today
I must say that GMB with Lorraine is more appealing and watchable for me as a viewer, probably because the usual Lorraine show is more female-skewed.

This way they can keep it newsy but also contain elements of fluff and retain most of the GMB audience as a result. It also means sharing the same studio which saves on costs. Indeed GMTV did the very same during its dying days.

I've no idea whether we've seen the last of the Lorraine show. I suspect Lorraine herself has only agreed to be part of GMB until current circumstances subside. She also was very quick to ensure she had no co-presenters, that set up only lasting for a fortnight until Susanna came back.
Central News South January 9th 1989 - December 3rd 2006
AN
Andrew Founding member Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
I’d loved to have been party to those discussions behind the scenes after the first few shows when Lorraine joined GMB and found herself barely being able to get a word in edgeways on what was a week earlier her own self titled show. Lorraine would get 3 words into a sentence and then Piers would chime in and just talk all over the top of her.
BR
Brekkie Recently warned Wales Wales Today
I guess as she had no Easter break that Lorraine has been on every day since the February half term, which is probably her longest uninterupted run on breakfast TV in quite some time.

Wouldn't be surprised actually if we see holidays taken for the May half term - as easy it is to mock presenters for having a very easy job, and no doubt compared to those on the frontline at the moment they do, it must take it's toll reporting on this day in day out for weeks on end without a break - although of course both Susanna and Piers have had health enforced breaks.
Turns out nobody had 2020 vision.
AndrewPSSP, Ittr and Ben Shatliff gave kudos

Newer posts

No further posts are being accepted for this topic