TV Home Forum

BBC Oneness - idents and presentation

"Watch this space" as BBC Creative respond to ident change request (December 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JL
JamesLaverty1925
How about respecting the mood of the nation and getting rid of Oneness altogether! Just bring back the balloons until Lockdown is over then commison a new set.
JA
james-2001
Is the nation really clamouring for an end to oneness and for the balloons to come back, or just TV Forum?
TI
TIGHazard
Is the nation really clamouring for an end to oneness and for the balloons to come back, or just TV Forum?

People complain to Points of View but I still think it's a small minority.
AS
Asa Admin
How about respecting the mood of the nation and getting rid of Oneness altogether! Just bring back the balloons until Lockdown is over then commison a new set.

The "mood of the nation" is not to get rid of Oneness. Nothing wrong with having strong opinions, but let's keep them within the realms of reality.

And I never thought I'd see the day where the likes of this would introduce a BBC News bulletin (9am this morning). Or am I just being grumpy?

UK
UKnews
Ah.... oh.....

Last edited by UKnews on 12 May 2020 5:13pm - 2 times in total
Charlie Gough and Josh gave kudos
AD
Announcer Duncan
Hi! I've not posted for ages but thought you may be interested in this.
Former BBC TV announcer Reg Sanders has made a nostalgic video with help from his announcing friends old and new. Just something fun to make people smile during these strange times.
It will be available to view tomorrow morning at 9 on YouTube only. I'll tweet the link on my Twitter account @duncannewmarch when it's available.
Hope you enjoy it
D
IS
Inspector Sands
Aha so that's why he was asking around on Facebook for contact details of announcers. Intriguing.
KK
KolonelKlink
And here it is...

MU
MrUdagawa
Former BBC TV announcer Reg Sanders has made a nostalgic video with help from his announcing friends old and new. Just something fun to make people smile during these strange times.
It will be available to view tomorrow morning at 9 on YouTube only. I'll tweet the link on my Twitter account @duncannewmarch when it's available.
Hope you enjoy it
D

This is great and is going to be so popular. Thanks Duncan!
HD
HybridDaDink
Hope you enjoy it
D

Giant blast from the past. This is great! The views will blow up! Keep up your continuity announcing work and stay safe!
PF
PFML84
Love this.

Interesting that you stopped at the circles, has there been no new announcers or looks for BBC 1 that deserved being mentioned? Wink
HC
Hatton Cross
And not a dancer ident in sight either..
Well done to all on this great montage.

Newer posts