TV Home Forum

Channel 4

General Discussion (November 2009)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JO
Jon
I can assure you they returned to tea time Channel 4 last week.
WH
Whataday Founding member
Yup they were back last week hosting a book-related chat show from their living room.

AndrewPSSP, bitxoin and Jon gave kudos
BR
Brekkie
Made it to Gogglebox too, though nowhere near as much of a hatchet job as when they returned to Richard and Judy.
PA
PATV Scunthorpe
The Stay at Home message has now been removed across all C4 and Box Plus channels
FL
Flux
The Stay at Home message has now been removed across all C4 and Box Plus channels

Shame it can't be localised, as this is still the overriding official message in 3 out of the 4 nations where C4 broadcasts.
MA
Markymark
Flux posted:

Shame it can't be localised, as this is still the overriding official message in 3 out of the 4 nations where C4 broadcasts.

C4 could have possibly kept it going on their Scottish and NI Macro regions, but only on SD, and I suspect it would have required plumbing in (and buying) extra inserters
DV
dvboy
Would have left it on if I was C4.
DA
davidhorman
dvboy posted:
Would have left it on if I was C4.

It's not a bad slogan for a broadcaster anyway.
UT
Upload TV
Quite noticeable tonight that the E4 continuity announcements are coming from home. Obviously not a big deal looking at the bigger picture, but, the mic quality is awful.
DB
dbl
Quite noticeable tonight that the E4 continuity announcements are coming from home. Obviously not a big deal looking at the bigger picture, but, the mic quality is awful.

Yep, ITV & Channel 4 use a system called Barcode which enables announcers to be 'as-live' so it's pre-recorded minutes/hours before TX but enables them to react to schedule/editorial changes. Which has come in handy in these Rona times. The ones that sound a bit ropey, I guess have had to do a last-minute.com set up, but at least there's some form of resilience. Some broadcasters don't have that ability (in 2020)
PE
peterh
Flux posted:

Technically it was never the phrase in as far as I know, 4 countries where channel 4 broadcasts in these being jersey
, guernsey, Isle of Man and Republic of Ireland - however here there may have been something similar but don’t know for sure
VM
VMPhil
The message is back but now it says '#StaySafe'. I can't help but feel that the sincerity of such a message is rather diluted by it being displayed as a hashtag.

Newer posts