The Newsroom

ITV News

Split from ITV News 2013 Rebrand (January 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
NL
Ne1L C
Surprised it went straight into the speech from the CA.

That's because the statement was broadcast as supplied by Downing Street (that is to say with no opening graphic or caption).

First time I've seen it.
IT
itsrobert Founding member
Prompted by a couple of posts relating to ITN in one of the BBC News threads, I wonder if anyone can remember who ITN sent over to Hong Kong to anchor coverage of the handover ceremony in 1997? I'm drawing a complete blank on it - did they send over multiple newscasters for ITV, C4 etc - or was it a one-off special on ITV?

The other one I vaguely remember is that the Lunchtime News sent a newscaster out to Edinburgh, Cardiff and Belfast to present coverage of the devolution referendums in 1997. Or have I made that up?
MA
Markymark
Prompted by a couple of posts relating to ITN in one of the BBC News threads, I wonder if anyone can remember who ITN sent over to Hong Kong to anchor coverage of the handover ceremony in 1997? I'm drawing a complete blank on it - did they send over multiple newscasters for ITV, C4 etc - or was it a one-off special on ITV?

ITN/ITV's man was Mark Austin if I recall ?
JW
JamesWorldNews

ITN/ITV's man was Mark Austin if I recall ?

Correct.

RN
Rolling News
Is there any reason ITV can't get the News at Ten to start at 10pm yet can with its two other main buletins?
BR
Brekkie
The opening report began with an aston "Rehearsal- Not for TX".
Last edited by Brekkie on 14 May 2020 11:46pm
AN
Andrew Founding member
Is there any reason ITV can't get the News at Ten to start at 10pm yet can with its two other main buletins?

Well tonight was either because Millionaire ran a bit long, or the fact the schedule is slightly adrift on Thursdays due to clap for carers.

In general it’s due to advertising minutes. They can squeeze more money out by running the previous ad break at 10:00-10:03 than they do at 9:57-10:00
BR
Brekkie
And frankly even if it starts a minute or two late they're often still into their first story before the headlines have finished on the BBC.
IT
itsrobert Founding member
And frankly even if it starts a minute or two late they're often still into their first story before the headlines have finished on the BBC.

They could start as late as about 22:15 and still beat the BBC to the top story! Very Happy
RD
RDJ
Apparently Central’s Bob Warman might be filing a report in tonight’s ITV Evening News from Walsall.

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-05-19/the-pride-and-pain-of-walsall-an-ordinary-town-in-extraordinary-times/
MF
Matthew_Fieldhouse
RDJ posted:
Apparently Central’s Bob Warman might be filing a report in tonight’s ITV Evening News from Walsall.

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-05-19/the-pride-and-pain-of-walsall-an-ordinary-town-in-extraordinary-times/

Just mentioned at the end but most of the programme about Walsall. Don't normally watch ITV but saw it advertised on Nisa's Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/NisaLocalSpringLaneWalsall/videos/2874291546000512/
BE
Benjamin1
Do Ragheh Omar and James Mates still relief present ITV News bulletins? It appears to be Lucrezia or Ranvir during the day times and at weekends West Country’s Kylie Pentelow.

I noticed on TV guides it now bills weekend bulletins as ITV Lunchtime News / ITV Evening News / ITV News. Not sure whether it’s referred to that as such on air.

Newer posts