TV Home Forum

Coronavirus - Impact on live/recorded shows

Several talk programmes have cancelled studio audiences (March 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BR
Brekkie
Of course not but decent filler for 10pm. The favourites episodes are going back to 2006 in a couple of weeks time for Christmas at the cabin with Max, Tom and Clare Devine.
GE
thegeek Founding member
the BBC's listings currently show a News Special on BBC One Scotland and BBC Scotland with Rebecca Curran and Martin Geissler, in place of the network offer.
TH
Thistle
the BBC's listings currently show a News Special on BBC One Scotland and BBC Scotland with Rebecca Curran and Martin Geissler, in place of the network offer.

BBC Scotland and BBC One Scotland will be as follows.

Ident
PM’s Statement
Trails (may be dropped)
Ident
BBC Scotland news special.
DV
DVB Cornwall
Not sure if Adam Hills participating in 'The Last Leg' from Melbourne has been mentioned yet .....

Apologies if it has.
EL
eladkse
Presenting from Melbourne, live, multicamera, and with suprisingly minimal delay.

I’d say whoever is vision mixing seems to have more of a delay than the hosts!

Seem to be using LiveU (at least for Josh’s setup), which might explain the relative lack of latency if they’re all transmitting the same way.
Last edited by eladkse on 8 May 2020 10:49pm
SP
Steve in Pudsey

Ident
PM’s Statement
Trails (may be dropped)
Ident

Seems overkill to put it on BBC One Scotland and BBC Scotland, especially as the statement is widely expected not to be telling us much.
IS
Inspector Sands
Presenting from Melbourne, live, multicamera, and with suprisingly minimal delay.

I’d say whoever is vision mixing seems to have more of a delay than the hosts!

Seem to be using LiveU (at least for Josh’s setup), which might explain the relative lack of latency if they’re all transmitting the same way.

Yes LiveU and comms by telephone to reduce the latency. Being done in TC1:

https://twitter.com/simonhardwick/status/1258867876020224002?s=19
GE
thegeek Founding member

Ident
PM’s Statement
Trails (may be dropped)
Ident

Seems overkill to put it on BBC One Scotland and BBC Scotland, especially as the statement is widely expected not to be telling us much.

At a guess - they want to discuss how the PM's plans might differ from the FM's, and so are repurposing and extending The Seven?
Brekkie and Jeffmister gave kudos
SP
Steve in Pudsey
Certainty a valid programme to put out on either BBC One Scotland or BBC Scotland. I just question the need for it to be on both.
MA
Markymark
Certainty a valid programme to put out on either BBC One Scotland or BBC Scotland. I just question the need for it to be on both.

Come on, the Beeb love their simulcasting, they just can't get enough of it
DV
DVB Cornwall
SPotY going .....

JF
JetixFann450

Come on, the Beeb love their simulcasting, they just can't get enough of it

Gives them the excuse to boost and inflate viewership.

Newer posts