« Topics
Night Thoughts299 posts since 24 Jan 2016
London London
Scratching my head as to why the two Johnson ministerial broadcasts, which are standalone programmes, have been billed as "BBC News Special"
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000jfcf (followed by another "BBC News Special")
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000h2z6 (23 March, also followed by another "BBC News Special")

when the last ministerial broadcast in the UK was billed as what it was:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00f2vnx
here is what looks like something taken from a master tape, topped and tailed with a caption, which didn't happen on 23 March: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34kvEQfpwHo

Guess it's so long since anyone handled this kind of thing that nobody knows how to handle it or these things are made up on the hoof. Either way, it doesn't seem wise to slap the "BBC News" brand on it if you're trying to sell yourselves as honest/trustworthy, etc.
Brekkie34,774 posts since 4 Jan 2003 Recently warned
HTV Wales Wales Today
Sad to see the BBC talking positive about a load of people breaking social distancing in Cosham during the news at six

Really pisses me off how "social distancing" is being used as a justification for people to do what they like. Street parties were a terrible idea for today and breech the restrictions on gatherings of 3 or more people, rules which don't exempt gatherings if people are more than 2m apart. Television has excused this with things like covering the gatherings outside hospitals for the Clap for Carers and the multiple people in Captain Tom's garden when he completed his 100 laps.
Stay Home. Protect the NHS. Save Lives.
SuperSajuuk and richard h gave kudos
Steve713 posts since 9 Apr 2001
Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
Don’t forget - Sunday’s broadcast was never meant to just be about what was happening the next day or the next week but about a ‘road map’, what they intend to happen when if the numbers allow. I’m certainly expecting timelines on schools, shops, offices, etc, to give people a bit more certainty so they can plan. Not much is changing next week but organisations need time to restart so need an idea when that might be. That’s what we can expect and what Cobra is about on Sunday.
Steve
News96949 posts since 20 Dec 2013 Recently warned
Look North (Yorkshire)
And the leaking of what's going to happen has started! That's me staying away from the Papers on Sunday night because after what happened with some papers declaring the lockdown over far too soon on Wednesday night, i'm sensing trouble!

dvboy10,166 posts since 11 Jan 2003
Central (West) Midlands Today
And the leaking of what's going to happen has started! That's me staying away from the Papers on Sunday night because after what happened with some papers declaring the lockdown over far too soon on Wednesday night, i'm sensing trouble!

And you not watching it is going to make what difference?
Hello, good evening, and remain indoors.
JKDerry2,564 posts since 15 Oct 2016
UTV Newsline

Garden centres reopening - why? How is that an ease of the restrictions?
Neil Jones6,439 posts since 23 Dec 2001
Central (West) Midlands Today

Garden Centres are predominately outdoor spaces. That may be the key point, since it's likely that the "stay at home" thing is going to disappear out the window.
Of course you can buy plants in supermarkets so they're not exactly rationed items but that's not the point.
tightrope781,210 posts since 29 Dec 2005
UTV Newsline

Cos garden centre attendees are old, vote Tory and read the Daily Mail! A cliche for sure but generally true.