The Newsroom

The new NEW Central West and BBC Midlands thread

(January 2013)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
RD
RDJ
Des has gone into self-isolation for the next three months due to being high risk from his recent illness.

They’ve confirmed that Des won’t be appearing so we’re back to cover Weather presenters for the next three months.
BE
Benjamin1
RDJ posted:
Central seem to have updated their generic Newsroom backdrop today, given they’re suddenly using it every day.

It does look much better in my opinion.

No red glow above the presenters head now? As still seen in other regions.
RD
RDJ
RDJ posted:
Central seem to have updated their generic Newsroom backdrop today, given they’re suddenly using it every day.

It does look much better in my opinion.

No red glow above the presenters head now? As still seen in other regions.

Nope. I think it's the same newsroom but recoloured in darker and brighter teal colours. Also includes the ITV News Central logo on some of the screens.

I think this new backdrop has been rolled out nationwide to other split regions as I see West Country and Meridian have adopted this new backdrop too.

13 days later

MW
Mike W
Brummie David Lowe (who now lives in the Cotswalds) was on Midlands Today tonight to discuss the variations of the BBC News theme last night - link to the region clearly being his heritage (professionally and personally).
Last edited by Mike W on 23 April 2020 3:30am

15 days later

MW
Mike W
BBC Midlands Today have updated their titles to something more socially distancing friendly, albeit the place names are now static 'Midlands Today' branded. Some much nicer drone shots than before.
BA
Ballyboy
A lot of regions have done that
MW
Mike W

Yes but they did it far sooner, in some cases within a week.

It just seems strange to do it now - as things may get eased next week.
ST
South Today

Yes but they did it far sooner, in some cases within a week.

It just seems strange to do it now - as things may get eased next week.

And some regions haven’t bothered - East Midlands Today and Look East. Still plenty of folk outside the Forum enjoying a coffee!
BA
Ballyboy
EMT had special titles for VE Day but none for lockdown
ST
South Today
EMT had special titles for VE Day but none for lockdown

Nice touch! Just checked the lunchtime bulletin. Dom and Anne both doing a bank holiday too.
DV
dvboy
Some problems with the opening sequence on Midlands Today...

39 days later

DV
dvboy
Nick Owen back in the studio presenting the lunchtime Midlands Today.
South Today and Matthew_Fieldhouse gave kudos

Newer posts