TV Home Forum

Channel 4

General Discussion

JC
JCB
Broadcast TV have largely failed to crack pop up quarantine TV. There's a lot of good stuff about but very little of it is on the telly. There's a bit of a "last Blockbuster Video standing" vibe to TV's efforts at trying to out internet the internet during this pandemic.
NT
Night Thoughts London London
Jonwo posted:

Wednesdays at 9pm seems to their coronavirus doc day and they’re not rating particularly well anymore. The last two rated under 1m.

Generally across the news industry people seem to be switching away from virus-related stories/content now. There is only so much people can take.
Jeffmister, DavidWhitfield and Jonwo gave kudos
BR
Brekkie Wales Wales Today
Yes, the Six o'clock News has now lost about 2m viewers a night over the last couple of weeks after peaking toward 8m earlier in the crisis.
Stay Local. Stay Safe. Stay Alive.
JO
Jonwo (previously Jonwo87)
I think Channel 4 have commissioned and broadcast over 10 coronavirus programmes in the space of 6-8 weeks.
BR
And that hasn't necessarily been a good thing, though I do think the NHS one on Wednesday looks more interesting, and I hate hospital documentaries.

They've had been better off leaving it to Dispatches really and keeping to half an hour a week in the 8pm hour.
BR
C4 are rerunning Celebrity Deal or No Deal from a week on Saturday, starting with James Corden.

P.S. Matt Lucas's Reasons to be Cheerful, written by Harry Hill, is the closest thing you can get to Lockdown Burp.
Last edited by Brekkie on 6 May 2020 11:01am
bkman1990, paul_hadley and Josh gave kudos
VM
VMPhil Granada North West Today
C4 are rerunning Celebrity Deal or No Deal from a week on Saturday, starting with James Corden.

P.S. Matt Lucas's Reasons to be Cheerful, written by Harry Hill, is the closest thing you can get to Lockdown Burp.

One of the jingles was based on 'The Many Faces of Louis Walsh' ('The Many Voices of Roman Kemp', I think?)
Josh and paul_hadley gave kudos
DB
dbl London London

Behind the scenes (All Star Happy Hour)
JO
Johnr
Have Channel 4 now scrapped the idea of showing Edmonds and his boxes on Saturday afternoons? The schedule for the 16th May suggests they would rather look for a Place In The Sun!
PA
PATV Scunthorpe Yorkshire Look North (E.Yorks & Lincs)
Johnr posted:
Have Channel 4 now scrapped the idea of showing Edmonds and his boxes on Saturday afternoons? The schedule for the 16th May suggests they would rather look for a Place In The Sun!

“Nostalgia’s cool, but it won’t help me now, the dream is good, if you don’t wear it out.”
WH
Whataday Founding member Wales Wales Today
It has been announced that June from Gogglebox has passed away from a short (non-Covid 19 related) illness.
Last edited by Whataday on 8 May 2020 8:16pm
BB
BBI45 Central (East) East Midlands Today
It has been announced that June from Gogglebox has passed away from a short (non-Covid 19 related) illness.

.... . ..- - .

Newer posts