Mass Media & Technology

Disney+ UK Launch Date Confirmed

(November 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JA
james-2001
Though being stuck in lockdown and how slow time seems to be moving as a result means the end of May will feel like forever and a day.
GE
thegeek Founding member
what posted:
My first observation is that the sheer amount of shows and movies not originally made by Disney shows just how much of the film and TV landscape they’ve swallowed over the last decade or so.

I was slightly alarmed to see PJ Masks on there, as I was hoping to avoid having to watch that with my daughter.

Though being stuck in lockdown and how slow time seems to be moving as a result means the end of May will feel like forever and a day.

nidave, harshy and UKnews gave kudos
JA
JAS84
what posted:
I’ve used Disney+ for several days now, and I’m unimpressed. Signing up was a hassle - it wouldn’t let me do it on the app. Once I had everything set up, I decided to look through the content. My first observation is that the sheer amount of shows and movies not originally made by Disney shows just how much of the film and TV landscape they’ve swallowed over the last decade or so. Second is the fact that many shows have episodes or entire seasons missing.
About the first point, it's entirely possible that some shows were made by Disney for other channels, especially before they owned ABC. So that might explain the occasional NBC, CBS or non-20th Century Fox produced FOX show on there.

About the second point, I know Simpsons has one episode missing, they banned the one with Michael Jackson in it, Stark Raving Dad, recently. Won't shock me to discover similar cases where an episode is omitted because someone who's now disgraced is in it.
NW
nwtv2003
Minor observation today, Disney+ is now being promoted on the SkyQ home screen, and the App’s location has been moved from the bottom of the App list to the third on the list only behind BBC iPlayer and Netflix. Not sure what has caused the change today, I’m glad it’s moved from the bottom to the near the top.
JA
JAS84
what posted:
My first observation is that the sheer amount of shows and movies not originally made by Disney shows just how much of the film and TV landscape they’ve swallowed over the last decade or so.

I was slightly alarmed to see PJ Masks on there, as I was hoping to avoid having to watch that with my daughter.
It's a Disney Junior show, so that makes sense to be there.
WH
whoiam989
JAS84 posted:
what posted:

It's a Disney Junior show, so that makes sense to be there.

Disney and Entertainment One have participated in the production, but PJ Masks was actually produced by Frog Box and animated by Team TO, both headquartered in France.

Speaking of third-party content, is there a Disney+ original video not produced by any of Disney companies?

9 days later

DV
DVB Cornwall
New ...

TT
TellyTime
An arrangement has been made so that Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker can debut on both Disney+ and Sky Cinema on May the 4th.
JA
JAS84
Perfect choice of launch date! May the Fourth (Force) Be With You!

10 days later

TT
TellyTime
Everything New Coming to Disney+ in May

Alongside all-new episodes of the fabulously upbeat ‘High School Musical: The Musical: The Series, there’s an extra special sing-along episode coming in May, so it’s time to get practicing those harmonies. The epic Star Wars series 'The Mandalorian’ and the final season of Star Wars: The Clone Wars conclude this month. Alongside these treats, here are some new picks, ready for you to stream this month on Disney+.

https://disney.co.uk/everything-new-coming-to-disney-plus-in-may
CA
Capybara

Alongside all-new episodes of the fabulously upbeat ‘High School Musical: The Musical: The Series, there’s an extra special sing-along episode coming in May, so it’s time to get practicing those harmonies. The epic Star Wars series 'The Mandalorian’ and the final season of Star Wars: The Clone Wars conclude this month. Alongside these treats, here are some new picks, ready for you to stream this month on Disney+.

Who on earth thought that was a good name,

High School Musical: The Musical: The Series ?
:-(
A former member

Who on earth thought that was a good name,

High School Musical: The Musical: The Series ?

I think it’s tongue-in-cheek.

Newer posts