Mass Media & Technology

Britbox UK - UK SVoD Platform.

£5.99 per month - Platform now live. (February 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
The power of the cookies.
WH
Whataday Founding member
It's less annoying with Netflix ads I guess as they usually advertise specific shows. BritBox only has one ad.
DV
DVB Cornwall
Britbox has today, via a software update, been added to all BT YouView boxes, after a previous limited release to one box only.
FB
Fluffy Bunny Feet
Pete posted:
It's a bit strange how Christmas specials of shows are listed separately than the main run. One Foot In The Grave being an example, which is also missing the 97 xmas special despite having the others.

It might be as they were originally released. 'One Foot In The Grave' sounds like my original DVD boxed set where some but not all xmas specials are on separate discs.
JA
JAS84
It's less annoying with Netflix ads I guess as they usually advertise specific shows. BritBox only has one ad.
That's odd, because I've seen at least three on TV - one advertising Doctor Who, one advertising the service's launch, and one advertising the fact Channel 4 has now been added to the service.
WH
Whataday Founding member
The one advertising Channel 4 is the only one they appear to be running on YouTube.
GO
gottago
The one advertising Channel 4 is the only one they appear to be running on YouTube.

Again it depends entirely on your cookies. The only one I get is one advertising Love Island and other reality shows with a female narrator with an irritating voice.

12 days later

IN
Interceptor
I've enjoyed the throwback childrens content they've added, but there's nowhere near enough there to justify its own existance.

Also the fact that Thunderbirds is cropped to 16:9 and the other Supermarionation series seem to be using the 2001 SD masters rather than the recent HD masters is annoying.

If more of this content appears, I will perhaps pay the £5.99 price tag.
SE
Square Eyes Founding member
It feels like they are testing the waters. I guess if it's found to be popular they may add more.

124 days later

DV
DVB Cornwall
Britbox have now enchanced their deal with Channel Four adding a number of FilmFour films to the offering.
LL
London Lite Founding member
Britbox have now enchanced their deal with Channel Four adding a number of FilmFour films to the offering.

The selection is pretty good, although The Long Good Friday appears to be the original rather than remastered and no Rita, Sue and Bob Too.
JO
johnnyboy Founding member
The original Survivors series as well!

Up to episode 4!

Newer posts