TV Home Forum

ITV 2019 idents and presentation - ITV Creates

Split from ITV presentation refresh in the New Year (January 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
SP
Spencer
Not sure I've seen an ad for Cadbury's Smash for a while either.

It's not been Cadbury's for quite a while. Currently it's Batchelor's Smash!

It did always seem a strange product for a chocolatier.
DJ
DJGM

Much like when Super Noodles were a Kelloggs product before they were made by Batchelors.

ET
ethanh05
It was certainly one of the more memorable. If you asked someone to name an iconic Aldi advert though, I'm sure they would now say "Kevin the Carrot".

Didn't it give Aldi their biggest ever customer sales boost which they've never lost since?
BA
bilky asko
Also, a reminder of where we ended up last time the public were asked to recreate the Shake N Vac ad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QT4ojkLZOS8

I take it all back! Shocked

Though, let's be fair, they also did this to kick off the campaign:

Which is about as bad.
GE
thegeek Founding member

Whiskas and Pedigree are made by Mars.
WH
Whataday Founding member
And in fact the only reason Cadbury's made Smash was because Mars had its own brand which was selling well.
HD
HybridDaDink
Ever since the ban of fast food advertising on children's tv in 2006, I have been noticing ITV putting fast food sponsorships on some of their 'family' shows, like Saturday Night Takeaway being sponsored by Deliveroo and The X Factor sponsoring Just Eat.
VM
VMPhil

Whiskas and Pedigree are made by Mars.

The difference though being they're not branded Mars Whiskas and Mars Pedigree with the logo from the Mars bar.
JA
JAS84
Mars doesn't put it's brand on their other chocolate bars either. Though, the Mars bar logo isn't the corporate Mars logo, they'd probably use the latter if they did brand them.
VM
VMPhil
JAS84 posted:
Mars doesn't put it's brand on their other chocolate bars either. Though, the Mars bar logo isn't the corporate Mars logo, they'd probably use the latter if they did brand them.

Well, yes, that was my point. Seeing the Mars bar logo on Pedigree or Whiskas would be as strange as seeing the Cadbury's logo on Smash now. Seeing the Mars corporate logo on those brands or the Mondelez logo on Smash would not be as strange.
WH
Whataday Founding member
At the time Cadbury also produced Typhoo and Kenco.

Smash definitely was an oddity. Perhaps it was intended to be the first line of many.
ET
ethanh05
At the time Cadbury also produced Typhoo and Kenco.

Smash definitely was an oddity. Perhaps it was intended to be the first line of many.

We also forget that Cadbury's introduced Pringles in this country under the name Stackers, which failed to gain interest and was shelved until P&G decided to launch the actual version later on.

Newer posts