Channel 4

General Discussion

JO
Josh
Ah, have only just noticed it.
Fan of the media industry, from the UK.
JO
Josh
Subtitles for Friday Night Dinner aren't using the different colours tonight but the quotation dash style that you might find in the US, for example.
Fan of the media industry, from the UK.
BR
Brekkie Wales Wales Today
C4 seems to be boxsetting comedies on Friday nights with The Inbetweeners last week and Spaced next week, but can't help but feel it's a waste throwing out the whole first series of Friday Night Dinner tonight when it's been rating so well, so keeping it in a 10pm slot, even if it means moving Last Leg to 10.30pm, for a repeat run would probably still bring in a solid 2m or so viewers.

Talking of repeat runs E4 are repeating Misfits from the beginning from Sunday at 10pm. Will see how long it lasts at 10pm before getting moved for Naked Attraction, which happens to Supernatural a few weeks ago which was bumped to midnight. The same thing happened last series.
Stay Local. Stay Safe. Stay Alive.
GO
gottago London London
Mo Gilligan's Happy Hour is honestly one of the worst shows I have ever seen. Awful format made worse by it being live for absolutely no reason. It's like watching a really bad YouTube live broadcast. And show is significantly quieter than the adverts.
Brekkie, Ash101 and Josh gave kudos
BR
Think the original discussion was over in the Steph Show thread but caught a few minutes of the Mo Gilligan show earlier and it highlighted everything we were saying about the productions of Expectation and also that really these sort of shows shouldn't be done live at the moment - they need to be polished up in the edit.

Then again, you know how the saying goes.
Last edited by Brekkie on 4 May 2020 11:00pm
AS
Ash101
It makes no sense being live, as the technical issues and the fact they have to repeat questions are just naff.

But I don’t even understand the format? What’s the point in it?
GO
gottago London London

So that Ian Katz can give his friends more money.

I'd argue that was worse than Host The Week. Significantly so in fact. And I truly didn't think that was possible.
what, Jonwo and Brekkie gave kudos
BR
Seems even Mo thought it was bad considering his comments when he thought they'd gone to a break (but hadn't).

I never thought Host the Week was that bad - just that they selected the wrong host to launch it with - Scarlett Moffat in one of her first post-Gogglebox roles. Think Jack Whitehall was due to host the next so they should at least have given that a chance. Heck, who knows - perhaps had they not been so ruthless it would have grown and would now be getting 5m viewers a week. Very Happy
DB
dbl London London
I guess no one saw Quarantine Games? Mo did his own Instagram lives with around 5000 viewers to win prizes, during the earlier weeks of lockdown. That's where it derived from.

It was a bit car crash, but unfortunately the Zoom delays doesn't allow proper small talk chat with the guests or contestants, I wonder what they'll improve for Ep2. (Please be proper structure )

AS
Ash101
dbl posted:
I guess no one saw Quarantine Games? Mo did his own Instagram lives with around 5000 viewers to win prizes, during the earlier weeks of lockdown. That's where it derived from.

Is that impressive for Instagram?

Can’t see this rating very well...
JO
Jonwo (previously Jonwo87)

So that Ian Katz can give his friends more money.

Someone really needs to tell him that no one wants to watch these types of programmes or anymore coronavirus docs.

dbl posted:

See I think it works on Instagram Live because it's more intimate and in small doses. It just doesn't work on television.
DB
dbl London London
dbl posted:

For his following, for a live it's decent.

Newer posts