TV Home Forum

Oneness on lockdown - new idents for BBC One

Split from BBC Oneness - idents and presentation (April 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BR
Brekkie
People on here complained that the oneness idents weren't showing social distancing, now they are... still complaints Razz

Well we've seen simpler ideas executed much better.
JA
Jake
At least they've not gone for zoom calls like every advert at the minute.
JL
JamesLaverty1925
I didn't think Onemess could get anyworse!!!!

Didn't see it in East Mids at Lunchtime, might take my walk a little later so I'm not back until after 6 to miss this mess!
AS
Asa Admin
People on here complained that the oneness idents weren't showing social distancing, now they are... still complaints Razz

Yeah, it's hard to be positive though - I've now reached a state of calm and inner peace by simply lowering my expectations and accepting the inevitable Laughing

While Oneness continues this is simply what we're going to get. And other, better implementations will get brushed aside.

One day it'll change, maybe for the BBC's centenary.
NA
natwel27
I will reserve my judgement until I have seen more of these new idents. So far however, it's not looking great...
IS
Inspector Sands

Never happy here.

If that ident was brought out in normal times then yes it would be a bit lame.

But consider the limits of what can be done at the moment - they're restricted as to what they can film. Given the desire they seem to have to keep the theme and slogan they've been using for the last few years then could it be done better?
(and as good as they were the James Mobbs ones don't fulfill the established theme)
Last edited by Inspector Sands on 30 April 2020 4:12pm
RO
Rofters
Jake posted:
At least they've not gone for zoom calls like every advert at the minute.

That’ll be the next one probably
:-(
A former member

But consider the limits of what can be done at the moment and the obvious desire to keep the theme and slogan they've been using for the last few years.

Meanwhile on ITV...
TO
tomo359

Never happy here.

If that ident was brought out in normal times then yes it would be a bit lame.

But consider the limits of what can be done at the moment and the obvious desire to keep the theme and slogan they've been using for the last few years.

Look at what ITV managed to do with their idents though. The current kids create idents look very professional and were made with short notice. There is no excuse for the countries biggest broadcaster to come out with rubbish like this.
IS
Inspector Sands

Meanwhile on ITV...

Your point being that they've got a better morw versatile concept, which is very true
IS
Inspector Sands

Look at what ITV managed to do with their idents though. The current kids create idents look very professional and were made with short notice. There is no excuse for the countries biggest broadcaster to come out with rubbish like this.

Yes but that's because their theme of the last year or so lends itself better to the circumstances. A UGC lockdown version of Oneness would be a lot worse
:-(
A former member

Meanwhile on ITV...

Your point being that they've got a better morw versatile concept, which is very true

You couldn’t get a more versatile concept than Oneness - it’s the execution that lets it down.

Newer posts