TV Home Forum

The Chase | Beat the Chasers

Beat the Chasers S2 launches Sun 3 Jan (April 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BA
bilky asko
I do wonder how many versions of such links they record to cover various eventualities. From the recording reports they are chopping up recordings to make up each show rather than airing as it recorded so wonder if every big money contestant was potentially a carryover over contestant so even if on the show it is seamless they may have been told otherwise.

Very good point, and I imagine they do things like that to allow different running lengths as required too. From memory weren’t all the Chasers wearing similar black and red clothing? I imagine they’ll be wearing the same tonight if this is the case.

The Chasers have a costume for the usual show, so I don't think there's much relevance to that. Bradley Walsh has a variety of outfits usually, it's his that's worth paying attention to.
JO
Jonwo
On a normal game show, they usually change the presenter's clothings between recordings so it's likely the case with Beat the Chasers.
BR
Brekkie
I do wonder how many versions of such links they record to cover various eventualities. From the recording reports they are chopping up recordings to make up each show rather than airing as it recorded so wonder if every big money contestant was potentially a carryover over contestant so even if on the show it is seamless they may have been told otherwise.

Very good point, and I imagine they do things like that to allow different running lengths as required too. From memory weren’t all the Chasers wearing similar black and red clothing? I imagine they’ll be wearing the same tonight if this is the case.

The Chasers have a costume for the usual show, so I don't think there's much relevance to that. Bradley Walsh has a variety of outfits usually, it's his that's worth paying attention to.

And the contestants too.

Jonwo posted:
On a normal game show, they usually change the presenter's clothings between recordings so it's likely the case with Beat the Chasers.

Depends on the show but more common now where shows might be edited afterwards into episodes to have the host in the same outfit throughout. The Cube is a good example where contestants were edited together to make self contained shows.

I think The Voice have their judges in the same outfit throughout auditions too, even though their audition format would air more chronologically than most. BGT of course nowadays sees judges changing outfits practically from scene to scene.
JO
Jon
Dragon’s Den too, probably the earliest example I can think of.

I can imagine they recorded a link to a break and a show end with every contestant, if this is indeed the method they used.

It makes sense because if you get 4 contestants in a row get a win, and then the next 8 losing you want to mix it up a bit.
BA
bilky asko
5.7 million viewers, beating Emmerdale and EastEnders.

JA
JAS84
That's not how Corrie is usually spelled, Mark. Rolling Eyes
TVMan, Josh and Brekkie gave kudos
JO
Jon
JAS84 posted:
That's not how Corrie is usually spelled, Mark. Rolling Eyes

That’s how he’s spelling it, JAS84. Rolling Eyes
JO
Josh
He's obviously referring to famous American actor Corey Feldman...
DW
DavidWhitfield
5.7 million viewers, beating Emmerdale and EastEnders.

Impressive figures, and I must say, bar a few little things I thought could be better, I did enjoy watching last night. I think, though, that it's too early to be saying things like 'look at these figures, we must be good' after one episode. People will always tune in to see the start of something new to see what it's like. Doesn't mean they like it and will continue watching for the rest of the week.
JA
JAS84
True. They can brag if it's still doing so well on Friday.
BR
Brekkie
Any ratings for the 5pm show. That has been doing well over 4m at times in recent weeks, so if Beat the Chaser did drop off viewers throughout the week the 5pm regular edition beating it wouldn't be a surprise - and it still wouldn't be a bad figure at all for the 9pm show.
KE
kez19
Maybe just me but it did feel a bit like the other ITV show "the cube"? The reason I say this its the way Bradley positions himself next to the contestant and the size of the studio (when the camera expands out, I just think back to The Cube with Philip Schofield)

Newer posts