« Topics
JAS844,781 posts since 26 Aug 2010
Yorkshire Look North (E.Yorks & Lincs)
Yes, feel like they need to reflect one of the biggest events in our lifetimes but would be weird to go from a regular episode to suddenly the social distancing being imposed on the soap three months after the event.

Yeah, best to wrap up ongoing storylines then timeskip a few months so they catch up with the present day (this week's episodes, obviously, are set a couple of weeks ago, and that discrepancy will get bigger every week until the current stock runs out). The lockdown would be in that timeskip.
Inspector Sands14,779 posts since 25 Aug 2004

So I guess this Channel 4 producer hasn't heard of I'm A Celebrity?

He's quite obviously talking about having a show which is taking place in the UK and Australia - I'm a Celebrity only happens in Australia, there's no input from the UK.

I think he's right, the only thing I can think of is when TVam came from Sydney, which had the news and some other bits from London.
gottago3,115 posts since 26 Aug 2004
London London

So I guess this Channel 4 producer hasn't heard of I'm A Celebrity?

He's quite obviously talking about having a show which is taking place in the UK and Australia - I'm a Celebrity only happens in Australia, there's no input from the UK.

I think he's right, the only thing I can think of is when TVam came from Sydney, which had the news and some other bits from London.

I'm a Celeb... Now on ITV2 had a few series with Mark Durden Smith hosting from a London studio while the rest of them hosted from Oz.
Inspector Sands14,779 posts since 25 Aug 2004
They've been showing the 45 minute version of I'll Get This in Tuesday nights, presumably that was made as an extended repeat. Perfect slot for some QI XLs too.

I admit I chuckled at it being callled Antiviral Wipe.

Only a working title, but hope it's kept