TV Home Forum

Coronation Street

Costa & Coop p68: Repeats on ITV3: Is there too many spoilers?

AN
Andrew Founding member Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
I agree about Sean but I think thats a bit harsh on Chesney

I mean look at Kirk. For years he didn't do much, and people said he was surplus. Then he went on I'm a Celeb and almost ended up with national treasure status!
Last edited by Andrew on 17 April 2020 12:30pm
RN
Rolling News Central (East) East Midlands Today

I agree. Have now edited original post.
JE
Jez Founding member Wales Wales Today
Jez posted:
Why Sean is even still in the show is beyond me.

As you say, his only real storyline of recent years involved him being homeless for about three episodes and then he was fine.

Back in 2007 ITV even tried Anthony Cotton with a weekday chat show. During its 5 week run it bombed, losing more than half the audience share. Someone seems to have 'friends', as you say!

I was in the audience for one episode in 2007, I was in the audience for a few Granada shows around 2006-2007 including Soapstar Superchef. I tried for Soapstar Superstar which was the big show at the time but wasn't successful. It was more about seeing things from a tv presentation point of view and going inside Granada studios. I remember the entrance for the studio audience was the old Granada Tour entrance on Water Street and they took us past the bonded warehouse to the Rovers Return (the fake one used on the Granada tours) as a waiting area.
Last edited by Jez on 20 April 2020 9:21pm
JE
Jez Founding member Wales Wales Today

I mean look at Kirk. For years he didn't do much, and people said he was surplus. Then he went on I'm a Celeb and almost ended up with national treasure status!

I wouldn't say Kirk does that much now, but he isn't anywhere near as annoying as Sean!
BR
Brekkie Wales Wales Today
Some people are there for the storylines, others are there to be characters - though at least Kirk has developed as a character over time. Why Sean is there is one of the mysteries of our time, along with Dev too to be honest. Both are pretty much the same character they were 15 years ago with absolutely no development at all.
Turns out nobody had 2020 vision.
AN
Andrew Founding member Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
It wouldn’t be the same without Dev and his unusual style of acting.
RN
Rolling News Central (East) East Midlands Today

Yes, Dev's style is certainly entertaining (a bit like Robert Peston) unlike Sean who is just annoying.
RFWS and davidhorman gave kudos
JW
JamesWorldNews Central World News

Yes, Dev's style is certainly entertaining (a bit like Robert Peston) unlike Sean who is just annoying.

Nail on head! Dev is Peston. And v/v.
@JamesWorldNews | #StayHomeSaveLives
RE
Revolution London London
Jez posted:
Why Sean is even still in the show is beyond me.

As you say, his only real storyline of recent years involved him being homeless for about three episodes and then he was fine.

Watching him in his opening scene with Jenny and Johnny the other night, I did have to wonder what the audience would make of him if he was a new character in 2020.

I can't believe Sean is still in it. He was annoying in 2004.

He'll never leave, the actor is PR for the show. Sean served a purpose in 2004, and integrated quite well, but since hasn't developed the way many thought he would. Doesn't get a look in for the big storylines, just there to prop up 'comedy'.

That whole BGT week was Corrie's lowest point.
DW
DavidWhitfield Tyne Tees Look North (North East)
Interesting to see Hayley Tamaddon in that clip. I'd completely forgotten about her short stint on the show. She was another character that was never really involved in anything too exciting, and only lasted two years. Not a character I've missed since her last appearance in the live episode in 2015.
Guess who's big in the back time!
DJ
DJ Dave Granada North West Today
I think Sean and Izzy have some dirt on someone high up Laughing as they both should have got a taxi out of Weatherfield years ago.
WH
Whataday Founding member Wales Wales Today
I was going to share a personal experience but wouldn't want to get the forum into any trouble so instead I'm just going to leave this tweet (found at random) here:

and say I agree with every word.
Stuart, james-2001 and DJ Dave gave kudos

Newer posts