TV Home Forum

TV Forum Live Q&A Session with James Mobbs

(April 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MP
Michael Power
Staying up super late for this (it's around midnght AWST rn ) ! So hyped! Very Happy
BA
Bail Moderator
Good man! Can't wait to meet you all! And hear what the lovely Mr Mobbs has to say.
FA
fanoftv
Apologies to everyone, the only option that I have been able to set up is via my phone, apologies for the random swiping that I have been doing if anybody has noticed. Therefore I cannot join in with the chat section.
HA
harshy Founding member
It’s asking for a meeting password Sad
ET
ethanh05
Apologies to everyone, the only option that I have been able to set up is via my phone, apologies for the random swiping that I have been doing if anybody has noticed. Therefore I cannot join in with the chat section.

Could've been worse mate, I was getting no sound, wasn't sure if I was muted or not, and went to leave and rejoin. Obviously I couldn't get back in, so I'll see what went down later.
JO
Josh
Darn, my Zoom client has crashed and because the session has been locked, I can't get back in. Sad
HA
harshy Founding member
I wanted to ask what software is required to produce broadcast quality genius work like Newsround Sad
RE
Rexogamer
That was great! Hoping someone recorded it for further viewing.
WO
Worzel
What a great idea. Big thanks to James for a fab insight into his career and working at the BBC.

Would be good if we could do a weekly TV Forum meetup on Zoom, even if there isn't a theme.
FA
fanoftv
That was such a wonderful experience. It was a pleasure to see all of you. Sorry again about my swiping and Bail for my lack of BBC balloon, I should have said that it is artistic license and that my birthday balloons have been left up on purpose!

EDIT:

I had to...

Last edited by fanoftv on 16 April 2020 8:39pm
AS
Asa Admin
A big thank you to James for taking time out to produce that. I think it was great to hear from someone in the industry about the creative process and just what is involved in getting something to air (as well as who is clearly as passionate about pres as the rest of us!)

Thanks too to everyone who came along. This idea was only cooked up a few days ago so I hope it was interesting. It was great to put some faces to names (with a great selection of backdrops, hoped you all liked my '90s News at Ten Very Happy) Sorry to those who had problems connecting.

And given the extension news we've all found out about today, I'm sure there's opportunity for another meetup soon. Who knows, one day we actually do a non-virtual one.

Thanks again!
JO
Josh
I certainly enjoyed the 15 minutes I was there. Nice to finally put faces to names and I hope we can do something like this in the future - even if it isn't necessarily a guest speaker as mentioned by Worzel!

Newer posts