TV Home Forum

Coronation Street

Costa & Coop p68: Repeats on ITV3: Is there too many spoilers?

DW
DavidWhitfield Tyne Tees Look North (North East)
The last time I was excited by a storyline involving Dev, it was when 'Mad Maya' went round burning all of his shops down in the mid-00s.
Guess who's big in the back time!
RN
Rolling News Central (East) East Midlands Today
Watched Corrie properly for the first time in years tonight and didn't even recognise half the characters. Just how bad were all those child actors, whoever they were? And the ending was a bit underwhelming. I thought EastEnders was bad!
Last edited by Rolling News on 15 April 2020 11:47pm
Stay alert. Control the virus. Save lives.
AN
Andrew Founding member Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
That’s because it wasn’t an ending, the episode would originally have continued in half an hour.

I’m always a bit suspicious when someone who doesn’t watch just happens to tune into the one that focuses on younger characters, some of which are fairly new/very new, as a new storyline is just starting, and not pretty much any other episode over the last few weeks which didn’t.
RN
That’s because it wasn’t an ending, the episode would originally have continued in half an hour.

I’m always a bit suspicious when someone who doesn’t watch just happens to tune into the one that focuses on younger characters, some of which are fairly new/very new, as a new storyline is just starting, and not pretty much any other episode over the last few weeks which didn’t.

I apologise for stating my opinion. 🙀
JW
JamesWorldNews STV Central World News
In these unsettling Covid days, take a few moments to watch this (largely) fantastic episode of Corrie. Harking back to the days when the actors were occasionally allowed to show their other talents. ***I apologize in advance for the very un-PC role played by Jean Alexander in this clip. I don’t know how to edit that small part out***

@JamesWorldNews | #StayHomeSaveLives
JE
Jez Founding member Wales Wales Today

Actually if you work it out based on 6 episodes a week, Wednesday's episode should have been the second episode shown on Monday 6th April.

I have to say im enjoying having just 3 episodes a week at the moment - I don't miss it being on 6 times one bit.
AN
Andrew Founding member Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
Jez posted:

Actually if you work it out based on 6 episodes a week, Wednesday's episode should have been the second episode shown on Monday 6th April.

I have to say im enjoying having just 3 episodes a week at the moment - I don't miss it being on 6 times one bit.

We are actually in the middle of two weeks where there would have been Thursday episodes to make up for the ones they lost on that Friday when there was meant to be football.
JA
JAS84 Yorkshire Look North (E.Yorks & Lincs)
Jez posted:

It's the first episode, not the second.
https://coronationstreet.fandom.com/wiki/Episode_10049_(15th_April_2020)
JE
At least we have been spared 2 weeks of 7 episodes Very Happy And it will add almost an extra week before we run out of episodes.

Not a bad episode on Wednesday - the only but I found cringeworthy was Sean and Liz with that bloke in the Rovers. Even the line about Rita being Liz's mum didn't seem funny to me, if Liz and Rita were around the same age it would have been but Rita could easily be old enough to be Liz's mum even if she doesn't look her age. Why Sean is even still in the show is beyond me. The only half decent storyline he has had in recent years was the homeless storyline. From a purely shallow point of view I did agree with Sean and Jenny's opinion on the first bloke that was staying at the Rovers Smile
DA
davidhorman Channel Channel Islands
[Deleted, because either you should delete a person's entire post or you should leave it be. You shouldn't edit it to something which they did not approve.]
Last edited by davidhorman on 19 April 2020 6:18pm
JE
Others like Paula, Moira and Faye are very underused. I wonder if Moira is even still in the show as they had an ideal opportunity for her to be seen in the medical centre on a few occasions recently and she hadn't appeared.
RN
Jez posted:
Why Sean is even still in the show is beyond me.

As you say, his only real storyline of recent years involved him being homeless for about three episodes and then he was fine.

Watching him in his opening scene with Jenny and Johnny the other night, I did have to wonder what the audience would make of him if he was a new character in 2020.

I can't believe Sean is still in it. He was annoying in 2004.
Last edited by Rolling News on 17 April 2020 12:26pm
RFWS, msim and Brekkie gave kudos

Newer posts