TV Home Forum

New channel CCXTV launching 15th April

CCXTV launches on Wednesday 15th April, on Freeview. (April 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
ET
ethanh05
Our latest project is the launch of CCX TV, for Ideal Shopping Direct. Expanding from traditional TV shopping, into running a dedicated entertainment channel on Freeview, CCX TV has been a brilliant project for MPB. Not only are we running the channel operations but we have also acquired all the content for the channel, working with our old friend Andrew Burns, created all the branding (working with the brilliant Andy Wright from Bella & George). CCX is the new home of entertainment on Freeview and sees the return of 'The Bold & The Beautiful" to UK televisions for the first time in 10 years. CCX TV launches tomorrow, 15th April 2020.

https://www.mediapaediabroadcast.com/single-post/2020/04/14/Happy-Birthday-MPB

Was anyone asking for The Bold & The Beautiful?
PF
PFML84
Their website has an incorrect link, as Schedule link in the footer brings you to the Promo's page. If you type in /schedule manually the TV Guide page loads which in itself is poorly laid out.

And the whole thing was created in Mysite for free from Wix. They haven't even taken that out of the title bar, or probably can't because it's a free template.
MI
TheMike
Awful launch at 10am. Abrupt crash in to Create and Craft - as C&C now has 45 minute programmes, the 10am switch happens about 15 minutes into a presentation.

As long as we view it just as a medium term project to monetise a Freeview slot, expectations won't be high...
BR
Brekkie
Isn't this channel a new stream though, so surely if the plan from the beginning was for another channel to acquire it they could have just had it from the start.
GO
gottago
Isn't this channel a new stream though, so surely if the plan from the beginning was for another channel to acquire it they could have just had it from the start.

It's the high channel number they ultimately want to buy though and it can't be bought outright immediately apparently, hence why they're doing this.

I wonder where they've bought this Remembering 9/11 doc from. An Australian woman reading endless survival stories over grim pictures of the day and music that probably could be a little more sober than it is.
BR
Brekkie

It's the high channel number they ultimately want to buy though and it can't be bought outright immediately apparently, hence why they're doing this.

Yes, of course. Completely forgot that point.

107 days later

ZE
zeebre12
They seem to be putting in too much of an effort for it to be just a place holder channel? If it was just a place holder channel surely you would just have a show or two on loop just to hold the slot but CCXTV is acquiring new shows for the channel like Hot in Cleveland and other shows.
EA
EssexAndrew
I am fascinated by this having stumbled into the channel this week via the very odd "Harbour Lights"

Following that today a tedious programme featuring the mostly meaningless things film stars say when exposed to the media at awards presentation or other publicity events, and then an old Manchester United FC documentary.

I am curious what those who commented at the top of this thread make of it all now

83 days later

GO
gottago
Someone on DS has spotted that CCX is now listed as a UKTV channel on the BARB website, although no change has been made to the Ofcom license, so looks like that's who's taking it.
BR
Brekkie
If it is them surely with an eye on a new channel as other than the +1 channels in the 70s I think they only have Yesterday to bump up, and that is on 25 (soon to be 26) so not really worth bumping up I'd have thought.
GO
gottago
If they do launch something I would assume it would be Eden given that it's by far the lowest rated of their pay channels, never has anything newly commissioned on it (the rest do) and there's been a number of free factual channels joining Freeview in the last few years - PBS, Smithsonian and now Sky Arts.
LL
London Lite Founding member
Eden in 544x576 blurry vision. Great.

Newer posts