TV Home Forum

BBC Three New Logo

(January 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
GE
thegeek Founding member

Here's my attempt at recreating the 2020 logo. Mind you, this isn't perfect and I know I may have gotten some of the measurements wrong but it is as close as we're going to get to a SVG version of the new logo until AxG or someone similar finds a better version.

Now you've posted it, it's going to become the de facto official logo...
Stuart, JetixFann450 and Ittr gave kudos
MD
mdtauk

ToasterMan and bitxoin gave kudos
SH
Sh1ruba

How did you get all this?
JF
JetixFann450

How did you get all this?

BBC's own Commissioning website.
ToasterMan, bitxoin and mdtauk gave kudos
MD
mdtauk
BBC's own Commissioning website.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/commissioning/tv/production/articles/credits-branding-trademarks#three-shortform
JJ
Juicy Joe Founding member
How long will it be before the BBC break their own rules on the use of this logo? Not long I would imagine.

Does this mean the BBC II! version of the logo will be axed, slowly phased out, or in continual use along with this new logo? As the II! is still present in theory in this new variant.
JA
JAS84
They're keeping it as a secondary logo. Those guidelines even refer to it. The II! logo is called the Tricon.
MD
mdtauk
For use in social media avatars, and it plays a part in the logo formation animations

22 days later

HB
HarryB
Noticed today the new Three logo is now used on the iPlayer site replacing the three block icon.

LH
lhx1985
How long will it be before the BBC break their own rules on the use of this logo? Not long I would imagine.

...aaaaaand you have your answer. The version on the iPlayer already breaks the brand guidelines for the use of the BBC Three logo.

Great work. Trebbles all round.
Ittr, natwel27 and Josh gave kudos
JF
JetixFann450
Noticed today the new Three logo is now used on the iPlayer site replacing the three block icon.

Not to mention it seems like the "II!", or what they call "tricon" is missing from the background and is now just a pure pink background. Odd.

About bloody time they did it after all, however unfortunately BBC iPlayer hasn't been updated to accommodate this, still sporting the 2016 background interestingly, at least on Android.

...aaaaaand you have your answer. The version on the iPlayer already breaks the brand guidelines for the use of the BBC Three logo.

Great work. Trebbles all round.

Pretty sure that's delibrate, especially as it's on the BBC iPlayer. It'd just look messy if they kept the BBC logo in them.
CR
Critique

About bloody time they did it after all, however unfortunately BBC iPlayer hasn't been updated to accommodate this, still sporting the 2016 background interestingly, at least on Android.

It's not like they haven't got form - the BBC One page still uses the red swirls that were retired with Oneness!

Newer posts