TV Forum Live Q&A Session with James Mobbs

(April 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
AS
Asa Admin
TV Forum Live Q&A Session with James Mobbs
7pm this Thursday, 16th April

*** Meeting room link: https://www.tvforum.co.uk/zoom ***

While we're all still in lockdown it seems like a good opportunity to create a virtual meeting place. This Thursday freelance senior designer James Mobbs will be online to run through how his interest in TV presentation began, his time at the BBC and now as a freelancer. We plan a Q&A afterwards but as this is a new idea we're of course open to see where it goes.

Any questions ahead of time for James are welcome.

We'll be using the suddenly very popular Zoom app. It's available for a wide variety of devices. Installation is easy, even a government official can do it. No registration is required to participate, although it is free to sign up anyway.
The coolest feature? Having your own virtual backdrop. Something not missed by the team at Transdiffusion!

The link to join the meeting will be available for registered TV Forum members nearer the time.

We hope to see you online on Thursday!
Last edited by Asa on 16 April 2020 5:37pm
JO
Josh
Can't wait! Good to finally have a nice event that brings us together.
RO
rob Founding member
Sadly, I'm doing other things on Thursday evening. Will this be available to view afterwards?
JO
Josh
Here's another background courtesy of me...
PI
pip2
All of a sudden it feels like we're living in the future, don't you think?!
I need to lie down. Then I need to decide on a virtual backdrop, design it, change my mind a few dozen times and then bottle out of appearing anywhere anytime soon because I've just cut my hair. At least I now look as crackers as I feel.
FO
FanOfTV99
I might be there for the event with a virtual backdrop.

If this goes well, could we be excepting more in the future?
WO
Worzel
Looking forward to it.

I have some rather cool backgrounds too.
TM
TravisM
With my time difference it will be 2am here in Australia. Can this be recorded to watch later?
AS
Asa Admin
It won't be recorded but have a power nap beforehand and join us! It'll be great to say hi to some international visitors.
TM
TravisM
Asa posted:
It won't be recorded but have a power nap beforehand and join us! It'll be great to say hi to some international visitors.

That's disappointing Sad . But I'll try.
MU
MrUdagawa
Question - what current graphics package currently on air would you like to get your hands on re-designing? ( excluding the BBC Oneness idents Very Happy
BA
Bail Moderator
Can there be a best background competition? Not that I've been remaking some to use.... ah hem.. N6 / N9

Newer posts