The Gallery

Top of the Pops 2020

Retro rebrand (April 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JJ
jjk93
Created this little mess about whilst bored in lockdown... if the BBC was to bring back TOTP - it should have a 'on trend' look whilst also linking to its history and legacy.

The design includes retro bits such as BBC logo's of yesteryear and the iconic TOTP logo.

A fresh set of titles for TOTP with throwbacks to the past, but with a modern feel.

It's fast paced and edgy and has a retro 90s feel with icons from TOTP heritage and stock footage.

Lemme know what you think or how it could improve.

Link description here
Last edited by jjk93 on 9 April 2020 1:49pm - 2 times in total
DM
DeMarkay
Welcome to TV Forum, and what a way to introduce yourself!

I like it a lot, although I would reduce the size of the text. I would love to see some closing credits, more lower thirds and the end board.

Great work.
WH
what
This has a very 80s/90s MTV feel to it.
TV
TVVT
I like it a lot, especially the throwbacks to old BBC in the first few seconds of the titles, like what DeMarkay said, maybe shrink the text a bit. I’d also revive the classic 1973-1986 logo full time as that would contribute to your theme, although the music fits well with the your throwback theme which I love too.

9.5/10 Smile
JO
Josh
I like it but the fast-paced nature may affect photosensitive viewers, although there could be a warning for this which could then allow for better lighting in the show itself. Apart from that, I'd love to see more of this.
JJ
jjk93
Thanks for the feedback! Glad you like the concept... had a little play around, more lower thirds and credits with endboard... i think it works really well.

OL
theoldtapeman
This is fantastic, one thing I would change though is the BBC into BBC Studios on the endboard.
Apart from that, great work
BR
Brekkie
Well the cigs would have to go obviously but it's a fun way to introduce yourself here.
WH
Whataday Founding member
I like it - it's really quirky. The style would probably be more appropriate for a revival of The Tube though.
:-(
A former member
Love it.

Disagree with the suggestions to reduce text size. It fits well.

Great job.
FA
fanoftv
A very nice look for the video and brilliant editing skills. As Brekkie mentioned the cigarettes would have to be replaced and some images may be a little scary for younger viewers such as heads/skulls pulling apart. Image choices aside you have demonstrated how the current 80s trend in music styles could be expressed visually creating an up to date look for the programme.
DM
DeMarkay
I also really love how you’ve used both the 1991-1996 and 2003-2006 versions of’Now Get Out Of That’. My favourite TOTP theme!

Newer posts