Who Wants to be a Millionaire?

Sunday 8pm on ITV (February 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BB
BBG43
https://youtu.be/xNT12MViEoI
JA
JAS84
Use Media tags when posting a Youtube video in future. But anyway, thanks, that confirms it was on that day.
AS
Asa Admin
JAS84 posted:
Use Media tags when posting a Youtube video in future.

No need to be so curt. And it's not necessary anyway, if someone wishes to just post a link direct to YouTube, that's absolutely fine.

I'm looking forward to seeing the show on Monday, hope it's worth being a three-parter.
BH
BillyH Founding member
The episode that did go out in 2001 had some obvious edits after Ingram was skipped, such as confetti suddenly being all over the floor and Tarrant mentioning “ANOTHER million pounds” a few times.
JO
Jon
Here’s that documentary from ABC last night which has been mentioned.

I think it’s pretty good as these things go.
JO
Johnr
The episode that did go out in 2001 had some obvious edits after Ingram was skipped, such as confetti suddenly being all over the floor and Tarrant mentioning “ANOTHER million pounds” a few times.

I always find it weird they didn’t sweep up the confetti in between Ingram leaving the set and the next contestant! (Not in the sense they should have cleared it up because they thought he cheated, just how they didn’t sweep it up in general)

Also...Regis Philbin is 88?! Shocked
SW
Steve Williams

When I mentioned this on Twitter yesterday, a friend of mine dug this out...

...and I remember at the time the initial suggestion was that they weren't going to show it for a bit because it seemed inappropriate in the week of 9/11. That also meant that weirdly edited Saturday night episode didn't seem quite as unusual as it might, because the following film had to be dropped for reasons of taste and was replaced with another, shorter one.
GM
Gary McEwan
Matthew Strachan has recently updated is Soundcloud with the track for the USA Opening and it's exact same as the UK one that's used now.

This track has replaced the UK 2018 version that was the 2008 USA music but without the clock hence 2018 in the link.

Who Wants to Be a Millionaire 2020
DJ
DJGM
This version of WWTBAM probably won't get shown on any channels over here unless perhaps Challenge decide to acquire the rights (probably unlikely) but I'll put this in spoiler tags anyway . . .

Eric Stonestreet from the sitcom Modern Family was the first contestant, used his final lifeline (50/50) on the $125,000 question, and after an ad break, Jimmy Kimmel revealed that he'd got the answer right. He chose to not answer the $250,000 question, and took the money.

JO
Jon
I guess the place it might pop up in the UK is Sony Channel rather than Challenge.

Someone’s uploaded the first episode to YouTube.
JA
JAS84
Full episode? That'll have a copyright strike by the end of the day.
BA
bilky asko
Interesting to note in the disclaimers before the credits that celebrities are guaranteed a $32,000 prize for their charities. I seem to recall that the celebrity editions of The Weakest Link in the USA would guarantee $10,000 for each losing celebrity's charity, so I presume it's a standard thing there.

Newer posts