TV Home Forum

BBC Oneness - idents and presentation

"Watch this space" as BBC Creative respond to ident change request (December 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MU
MrUdagawa
JAS84 posted:
did they conclude, exactly what I've been thinking since the lockdown started, that the Oneness idents are unsuitable in a world of social distancing?

I am utterly amazed it is taking them this long to ditch them, considering how pernickety they're being about other things, e.g. reminding us in the announcement before Eastenders that is was filmed before the current Coranavirus situation etc.
WH
Whataday Founding member
I mean to be fair we're talking about the same people who thought they were any good in the first place.
JJ
Juicy Joe Founding member
Jonny posted:
James Mobbs will surely receive a TV Forum medal of honour if this comes off?

I suppose they will have to get these idents out pretty quickly before the lockdown is eased/cancelled. Otherwise, they won't make any sense, like the current broadcast Oneness. Excellent concept though!!
MU
MrUdagawa
The new ones could be along the lines of social distancing, but still showing people. Balconies, NHS staff, clapping for carers etc.
SP
Steve in Pudsey
Clapping works

https://www.tvforum.co.uk/thegallery/oneness-socially-distanced-edition-45444/
paul_hadley and Juicy Joe gave kudos
JJ

Yes, totally agree Steve in Pudsey! The flashing blue lights adds some visual flair to the ident, whilst hammering home social distancing, the role of the emergency services in the crisis, the police enforcing the lockdown rules and the support everyone can show towards the NHS - in a symbol of Oneness.

Obviously, there would be different groups of people clapping in different locations but all with the same clear message.

Plus they'd have the footage ready to go and available. And if not, they could carefully place some cameramen in desirable locations tomorrow night and every Thursday to gradually grow the portfolio of idents. Obviously to show the support to the NHS, not to provoke people play acting to the camera knowing they might feature in an upcoming ident.

Rather than a group of folk standing gawping lethargically at the camera as we have now.
Last edited by Juicy Joe on 8 April 2020 10:21pm
JO
Josh
My only problem with the clapping ident is the flashing lights may trigger photosensitive viewers but it could definitely work.
SierraQuebec and TIGHazard gave kudos
JJ
If anyone is going to modify or change their idents to the ideas above, I would imagine BBC1 NI would take on the mantle. Or possibly let one slip somewhere and then check the forums for feedback.
SP
Steve in Pudsey
Josh posted:
My only problem with the clapping ident is the flashing lights may trigger photosensitive viewers but it could definitely work.

Yes, I did have that thought. It was the only static shot I could find when I was putting it together.
JJ
Some potential excellent Clapping material for new Oneness idents tonight!
JC
JCB

This weekly coverage of gatherings of more than 2 people not stood 2 meters appart clapping is far more problematic than idents that everyone knows were filmed years ago. Rolling Eyes
BR
Brekkie
JCB posted:

This weekly coverage of gatherings of more than 2 people not stood 2 meters appart clapping is far more problematic than idents that everyone knows were filmed years ago. Rolling Eyes

And the police standing outside hospitals are the worst for it.

Newer posts