« Topics
Newsroom2,110 posts since 2 Mar 2005
On a different note, who in CNN's political teams are the equivalent of Vicky Young and Laura Kuenssberg? Who is Dana Bash more like among those two?

David Chalion is the most senior staffer seen on air serving as Political Director. There is no Political Editor position at CNN.

But Dana Bash is the Chief Political Correspondent and the go to for Breaking News. I’d suggest she’s CNN’s equivalent to someone like Laura Kuenssberg.

Jake Tapper is Chief Washington Correspondent and Jim Acosta is Chief White House Correspondent.

Gloria Borger is Chief Political Analyst and John King is Chief National Correspondent. With Wolf Blitzet serving as Chief Political Anchor - that more or less sums up the main faces of politics at CNN. The entire politics team is massive.
I only want to be the person I am.
JamesWorldNews9,132 posts since 22 Aug 2004
STV Central BBC World News
In addition, didn’t they also have Correspondents and Chief Correspondents for affiliated functions, such as Chief Pentagon Correspondent, Chief State Department Correspondent and Chief Defense Correspondent?

I don’t know who (if anyone) holds these roles now, but in the old days, we had the likes of Barbara Starr, Jeanne Meserve and John King.
@JamesWorldNews | #StayHomeSaveLives
In addition, didn’t they also have Correspondents and Chief Correspondents for affiliated functions, such as Chief Pentagon Correspondent, Chief State Department Correspondent and Chief Defense Correspondent?

I don’t know who (if anyone) holds these roles now, but in the old days, we had the likes of Barbara Starr, Jeanne Meserve and John King.

Ahh, the initial question was about CNN's Politics.

Barbara Starr is still at the Pentagon, John King I've mentioned above. Ahhhh Jeanne.......I miss her! She's at CTV in Canada.

Michelle Kosinski seems to have left the network which is disappointing. She was a firm fave of Zucker. Hope she returns.

Back to the politics team - here it is in full. https://edition.cnn.com/specials/politics/politics-our-team
JamesWorldNews gave kudos
ginnyfan2,849 posts since 5 Feb 2006
BBC World News
We are now in the second week of this new CNNI schedule that will likely be here until things calm down a bit so let's sum it up. I might be wrong about all the European overnight domestic simulcasts and where they are presented from.

06.00 CNN Newsroom (M.Holmes on Monday, John Vause - Tue-Fri from studio)
07.00 Amanpour (replay)
08.00 CNN Newsroom (M.Holmes on Monday, John Vause - Tue-Fri from studio)
09.00 CNN Newsroom (R.Church - Mon-Thu, Natalie Allen on Friday from studio)
11.00 CNN Newsroom (Robyn Curnow from studio)
12.00 New Day
15.00 First Move (Julia Chatterley from studio)
16.00 Connect the World (Hala Gorani from home)
17.00 CNN Newsroom or whatever's on CNN US
20.00 Amanpour (from home)
21.00 Quest Means Business (from home)
22.00 The Lead (from home)
23.00 The Situation Room (from studio)
01.00 Errin Burnett
02.00 AC 360 (from home)
03.00 Cuomo Prime Time (from home)
04.00 CNN Tonight
Newsroom gave kudos
We are now in the second week of this new CNNI schedule that will likely be here until things calm down a bit so let's sum it up. I might be wrong about all the European overnight domestic simulcasts and where they are presented from.

07.00 Amanpour (replay)
12.00 New Day
01.00 Errin Burnett
02.00 AC 360 (from home)
04.00 CNN Tonight

Seems spot on. Worth noting that the only physical studio in use is studio 7 in Atlanta. Everything coming out of Washington and New York are from Flash Studios or from Anchors homes as stated above.
headliner101198 posts since 18 Feb 2013
Westcountry Points West

07.00 Amanpour (replay)
12.00 New Day
01.00 Errin Burnett
02.00 AC 360 (from home)
04.00 CNN Tonight

CNN/I though gets the 'de facto 2nd hour' of The Lead since the 1st hour has taken over half of the US Newsroom's afternoon edition due to Baldwin's absence. As for 360 and Cuomo, not considering his expected occasional absence, won't CNN continue to host its virtual townhalls with Cooper and Gupta this coming Thursday evening (Friday overnight in the US)?
headliner101198 posts since 18 Feb 2013
Westcountry Points West
On a different note, who in CNN's political teams are the equivalent of Vicky Young and Laura Kuenssberg? Who is Dana Bash more like among those two?

David Chalion is the most senior staffer seen on air serving as Political Director. There is no Political Editor position at CNN.

But Dana Bash is the Chief Political Correspondent and the go to for Breaking News. I’d suggest she’s CNN’s equivalent to someone like Laura Kuenssberg.

Jake Tapper is Chief Washington Correspondent and Jim Acosta is Chief White House Correspondent.

Gloria Borger is Chief Political Analyst and John King is Chief National Correspondent. With Wolf Blitzet serving as Chief Political Anchor - that more or less sums up the main faces of politics at CNN. The entire politics team is massive.

I believe Preston was previously a senior political editor at CNN Politics though now it appears as if he's gotten a promo to VP for political programming. Interestingly, the newest addition is John Harwood (previously from CNBC) who's billed as a CNN WH correspondent but he's not yet on the list shared on this thread.

I believe Preston was previously a senior political editor at CNN Politics though now it appears as if he's gotten a promo to VP for political programming. Interestingly, the newest addition is John Harwood (previously from CNBC) who's billed as a CNN WH correspondent but he's not yet on the list shared on this thread.

Mark Preston has always been Senior Political Analyst when on air, but much like Chalion is ranked within management off screen.
adhiren2 posts since 7 Apr 2020 new member
London

07.00 Amanpour (replay)
12.00 New Day
01.00 Errin Burnett
02.00 AC 360 (from home)
04.00 CNN Tonight

Alas, it's not entirely correct. at 0600 and 0700 CET we are getting CNN Tonight still airing live today being Tuesday morning here in Europe
plymouthbloke1974280 posts since 4 Jan 2003
Westcountry Spotlight
Does anyone know why on Sky 506, there is a banner at the bottom saying “CNN LIVE STREAM UK viewers go to CNN.com/watchliveuk

Looking at other CNNI output, this isn’t showing so I wonder why this is being shown for the benefit of UK viewers? Are they planning on leaving the Sky/Freesat platform?