The Newsroom

BBC News: Presenters, correspondent & rotas

Split from BBC News: Presenters & Rotas (July 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
RN
Rolling News
Maryam Moshiri is now doing the NC/World simulcast so should be doing The Papers at 23:30.
BR
Brekkie
Do they ever look at non-UK papers on The Papers - surely whilst it is part of a simulcast with BBC World it would be worth just looking at a couple of front pages at least. Always interesting to see how the rest of the world reports things.
RN
Rolling News
Do they ever look at non-UK papers on The Papers - surely whilst it is part of a simulcast with BBC World it would be worth just looking at a couple of front pages at least. Always interesting to see how the rest of the world reports things.

I think I'm right in saying World don't simulcast The Papers.
MI
TheMike
No, BBC World News does not show The Papers, as the timeslots clash with WNA and Asia Business Report.
AS
AlexS
Maryam Moshiri is now doing the NC/World simulcast so should be doing The Papers at 23:30.

Seems strange that Ben Brown has done the earlier world shift that has limited NC simulcasts the past two days with less often seen in the UK presenters on the shift that is almost entirely simulcast (and contains NC only elements).
BR
Brekkie
Ah, mis-interpreted the post at the top of the page. That said a bit more about how other countries are reporting the situation would be interesting - going back a bit now but always used to like it when BBC3 did their bulletin of how news was being reported around the world.
RN
Rolling News
Sophie Raworth is doing the Coronavirus update today. Interesting to see her in rolling news mode.
SuperSajuuk, cmthwtv and Matthew_Fieldhouse gave kudos
WO
Worzel
Sophie Raworth is doing the Coronavirus update today. Interesting to see her in rolling news mode.

A welcome surprise.
NE
Newsroom

She's a pure pro, has had handled many a rolling news situation. These briefings are like bulletins than anything else.
Custard56, Rolling News and Worzel gave kudos
WO
Worzel

She's a pure pro, has had handled many a rolling news situation. These briefings are like bulletins than anything else.

It's been interesting to see Kate, Sophie and Mishal in studio rolling news mode over recent weeks, not just back filling the 1pm hour. Mainly because its so rare.

I wonder if we'll see Huw and Fiona taking a turn as well?

I think it was back in 2007 when some of the 'big hitters' started doing shifts/relief shifts on the News 24 as was then. George, Sophie and Huw all did make appearances outside of the BBC One bulletins. I do wonder with further cutbacks, if we might see a return of that at some point.
CM
cmthwtv

It's been interesting to see Kate, Sophie and Mishal in studio rolling news mode over recent weeks, not just back filling the 1pm hour. Mainly because its so rare.

I think it was back in 2007 when some of the 'big hitters' started doing shifts/relief shifts on the News channel. George, Sophie and Huw all did make appearances outside of the BBC One bulletins.

Doubt we will see Huw as he clearly takes priority for the 6 and 10 bulletins Monday-Wednesday, he doesn’t seem to work Thursdays or Fridays anymore.

Don’t see the need for Fiona to do it either now as the likes of Huw and Simon begin to return and the combination of using the same presenter on the 6 and 10 makes the number of presenters needed lower.
AS
AlexS

I think it was back in 2007 when some of the 'big hitters' started doing shifts/relief shifts on the News channel. George, Sophie and Huw all did make appearances outside of the BBC One bulletins.

Doubt we will see Huw as he clearly takes priority for the 6 and 10 bulletins Monday-Wednesday, he doesn’t seem to work Thursdays or Fridays anymore.

Don’t see the need for Fiona to do it either now as the likes of Huw and Simon begin to return and the combination of using the same presenter on the 6 and 10 makes the number of presenters needed lower.

I wonder if the real reason for Sophie appearing on the update today is down to the desire to have a senior presenter in the building for as much as the day as possible in case of changes in the Boris situation. There is little point in having Sophie present this update early in the week if it means a less experienced presenter ends up reading the six and ten towards the end of the week.

Newer posts