The Newsroom

BBC News: Presenters, correspondent & rotas

Split from BBC News: Presenters & Rotas (July 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
WI
Willz
DH33 posted:
James Reynolds doing a long shift tonight he is still on at 2am.*

Give this man a raise!
DH
DH33
Willz posted:
DH33 posted:

Give this man a raise!

Still on at 3am, I don't think I've seen a presenter do this long a shift other then weekend shifts.
WW
WW Update
DH33 posted:
Willz posted:
DH33 posted:

Give this man a raise!

Still on at 3am, I don't think I've seen a presenter do this long a shift other then weekend shifts.

And anchoring the news sideways must be especially difficult.
DH
DH33
DH33 posted:
Willz posted:
Give this man a raise!

And anchoring the news sideways must be especially difficult.

Sorry about that it was how the picture uploaded, not how it was taken.
NE
Newsroom
Some good news! Simon McCoy will be back with us very soon having read that his partner has now recovered from CV. Very Happy
RN
Rolling News
Huw Edwards AND Simon McCoy!
News96 and Custard56 gave kudos
AN
Andrew Founding member
Huw Edwards AND Simon McCoy!

Reeta, Clive and Sophie will be breathing a sigh of relief, as between them they’ve been practically holding the fort during this major news story over the last few weeks.
NE
News96
And Jane Hill as well!
Matthew_Fieldhouse, AlexS and Custard56 gave kudos
BR
Brekkie
Am I right in thinking the shifts at the moment are basically 9-11, 11-1, 1-3.45, 3.45-6 and then someone hosting the 6 & 10 and I guess one person during the evening outside of simulcasts on the News Channel.
AS
AlexS
Am I right in thinking the shifts at the moment are basically 9-11, 11-1, 1-3.45, 3.45-6 and then someone hosting the 6 & 10 and I guess one person during the evening outside of simulcasts on the News Channel.

Basically that for domestic led output but the person doing 3:45-6 is also doing 6:45-7 and if the BBC One simulcast isn't starting until later the afternoon changeover occurs at 4. World led output seems to be 1-5, 5-8 (7-8 simulcast on NC), 8-10, 10:30-01:00, 01:00-05:00 and then either one or two shifts between 5 and 9.
CM
cmthwtv
Clive Myrie is, in my opinion, proving very good on the Press Conference programs. He’s a good interviewer but also is able to make it seamless in between.
WO
Worzel
AlexS posted:

Basically that for domestic led output but the person doing 3:45-6 is also doing 6:45-7 and if the BBC One simulcast isn't starting until later the afternoon changeover occurs at 4. World led output seems to be 1-5, 5-8 (7-8 simulcast on NC), 8-10, 10:30-01:00, 01:00-05:00 and then either one or two shifts between 5 and 9.

Is there any reason why the Six presenter can't just back-fill the last 15 minutes until 7? Don't understand the point of having another presenter pop up for such a short period of time.

It was slightly more bizarre last week as Kasia Madera would appear for just 15 minutes only to be replaced at 7.
Last edited by Worzel on 7 April 2020 11:02pm

Newer posts