« Topics
VMPhil10,406 posts since 31 Mar 2005
Granada North West Today
Speaking of Click Online, this surely has to be the best theme tune of the 2000s...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7L2IzJolyOs

Although it isn't the 'original theme' as claimed by the YouTube uploader. This theme only came in during 2003. It was however, a vast improvement on the actual original 2000-2003 theme.

Ah yes, the random techie words on a text-to-speech synthesiser version.
https://archive.org/details/BBC_20010911_003000_Click_Online

You have selected Microsoft Sam as the computer's default voice.
thegeek gave kudos
Bail3,817 posts since 30 Mar 2001 Moderator
Meridian (South) South Today
Just on Click Online and Stephen Cole, I've had a rummage around on my hard drive and found some old materials from the early days. Sadly, I never managed to capture the original Click Online presentation. I do vividly remember it though.

Very interesting to note Spencer Kelly on the production team credits even back then, clearly he's been part of the show much longer than he's been the face of it! (I remember him from his early morning radio days, I guess he left local radio to join the beeb)
Bail.
itsrobert6,642 posts since 23 Mar 2001
Granada North West Today
Just on Click Online and Stephen Cole, I've had a rummage around on my hard drive and found some old materials from the early days. Sadly, I never managed to capture the original Click Online presentation. I do vividly remember it though.

Very interesting to note Spencer Kelly on the production team credits even back then, clearly he's been part of the show much longer than he's been the face of it! (I remember him from his early morning radio days, I guess he left local radio to join the beeb)

Yeah, don't quote me on this but I *think* Spencer might have been one of the tech reporters on the programme during the Stephen Cole days. When Stephen left, I think this is how he graduated to the main host role.
msim gave kudos
Rolling News1,529 posts since 27 Dec 2015 Recently warned
Central (East) East Midlands Today

Yeah, don't quote me on this but I *think* Spencer might have been one of the tech reporters on the programme during the Stephen Cole days. When Stephen left, I think this is how he graduated to the main host role.

He was. There's a clip of him on the 20th anniversary show of him reporting on the programme in 2003, highlighting his now rather old fashioned shirt.
Stay alert. Control the virus. Save lives.
itsrobert gave kudos
Inspector Sands14,823 posts since 25 Aug 2004
On the picture where he's holding a mouse, I can make out 'PLEASE DO NOT SHUT DOWN, JUST LOG OFF' on the top of the monitor and what I think says 'Computer TwT 1 & 2' on the sticker on the desk.

Normally means 'do not shut down because the machine is very difficult to get to to switch back on again and the person who wrote this note is sick of doing it'
Last edited by Inspector Sands on 7 April 2020 12:52pm
Rkolsen gave kudos
Granada North West Today

He was. There's a clip of him on the 20th anniversary show of him reporting on the programme in 2003, highlighting his now rather old fashioned shirt.

That's right - I haven't watched Click in ages but I do remember that Spencer always had an 'interesting' taste in shirts.
JamesWorldNews gave kudos
dosxuk4,573 posts since 22 Oct 2005
Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
On the picture where he's holding a mouse, I can make out 'PLEASE DO NOT SHUT DOWN, JUST LOG OFF' on the top of the monitor and what I think says 'Computer TwT 1 & 2' on the sticker on the desk.

Normally means 'do not shut down because the machine is very difficult to get to to switch back on again and the person who wrote this note is sick of doing it'

And then you come in the next day and find out the cleaner just unplugged it instead because that's where they always plug the hoover (other brands are available) in and they followed the instructions not to shut it down first. Mad
Granada North West Today
Kate Russell was always my favourite presenter. Always down to earth and brought interesting snippets every week, as well as the quirkier aspects of upcoming new tech.

I'm sure there used to be another female presenter before Kate Russell. I can see her in my mind's eye but I can't for the life of me remember her name. That's going to drive me nuts.......