TV Home Forum

New Sky channels: Crime, Comedy, Documentaries, Nature

Sky Documentaries, History and Nature now launched

SH
Sh1ruba Central (West) Midlands Today
Just checked Sky One and the new look is live!

EDIT: Sadly same old idents, just with the new logo added...
The same for Sky Witness, their idents are updated slightly for the new logo.
Last edited by Sh1ruba on 7 April 2020 8:18am - 2 times in total
NW
nwtv2003 Granada North West Today
Not quite presentation related but I note that Sky One are showing kids programmes between 8:00 and 10:00am. Nothing new per se, they’re just giving a linear outlet for their own content you’d find on Sky Kids.
steve
steviegTVreturns
TV
TVVT (previously TVPerson) Granada North West Today
Still no sight of the new channels as of 9am, I think they certainly have been postponed.
SH
TVVT posted:
Still no sight of the new channels as of 9am, I think they certainly have been postponed.

Hmm, yes. I'm guessing they've postponed the new channels to sometime in May, or possibly in the Summer?

Hoping Sky gives out a statement about them
SH
The new logo animation on the promos are nice and smooth too.
Seems like a new style to match that of Sky Crime and Comedy.
TV
Especially so soon, It certainly felt like they were launching today. I wonder why they did it anyway, it can’t be Covid-19!
SH
TVVT posted:
Especially so soon, It certainly felt like they were launching today. I wonder why they did it anyway, it can’t be Covid-19!

I'm contacting their help team on Twitter DMs. Have to see what they'll say.
VM
VMPhil Granada North West Today
TVVT posted:

I don’t want to sound like a knob, but I don’t think the support team would know anything about pres changes, and they’re probably dealing with a heavily increased amount of customer queries at the moment.
SH
TVVT posted:

I don’t want to sound like a knob, but I don’t think the support team would know anything about pres changes, and they’re probably dealing with a heavily increased amount of customer queries at the moment.

I'm asking them about the postponement of the two new channels...
TV
Off topic but how much love do Sky have to give to their new original film “Four Kids and It”, Getting countless advertising and is on a whopping 18 times in the next 7 days, Their is also an interview with Jacqueline Wilson on the film getting the same amount of repeats. It should be noted that it is the 8pm film on Sky Premiere for the next 2 days.
AA
Amber Avenger Granada North West Today
TVVT posted:
Off topic but how much love do Sky have to give to their new original film “Four Kids and It”, Getting countless advertising and is on a whopping 18 times in the next 7 days, Their is also an interview with Jacqueline Wilson on the film getting the same amount of repeats. It should be noted that it is the 8pm film on Sky Premiere for the next 2 days.

Obviously they are going to push it in the adverts, but in terms of repeats, that's hardly unusual. Spider-Man Far From Home debuts on Saturday and looks to be getting at least 14/15 showings in the first seven days. It's just how the Sky Cinema channels work these days.
DB
dbl London London
TVVT posted:

Please don't, please. Especially right now.
Ittr and London Lite gave kudos

Newer posts