The Newsroom

UK Prime Minister | TV News Coverage

Boris Johnson Leaves Intensive Care (April 2020)

RT
Rich Tea Anglia (West) Look East
Fantastic report from Fergus Walsh inside an intensive care unit just shown on the BBC 10 o'clock news. Everyone should see it.
JW
JamesWorldNews Central World News
Get well soon, Prime Minister.
@JamesWorldNews | #StayHomeSaveLives
WO
Worzel Anglia (West) Look East (West sub-opt)
Fantastic report from Fergus Walsh inside an intensive care unit just shown on the BBC 10 o'clock news. Everyone should see it.

It was on the Six too.

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/health-52190961/coronavirus-inside-an-icu-fighting-covid-19
bkman1990, Custard56 and Rich Tea gave kudos
IS
Inspector Sands
JCB posted:
We're all in shock at this turn of events aren't we?

4 weeks ago he was in a covid hit hospital boasting he was still shaking hands with everyone and encouraging people to continue shaking hands, so I can't really say I'm shocked no.

I think it's a shock how bad he is, especially as his colleagues have recovered. Though supposedly the danger is related to how many times you encounter the virus so if the shaking hands thing is true then it's not surprising.

It's a worrying turn of events though. Not only is it not good for the stability of leadership but in terms of the morale of the country too. Losing a head of government, no matter what you think of him, would be crushing
ST
steveboswell Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
For the record, here's the news report that went out after EastEnders:

JA
james-2001 Central (East) East Midlands Today
Huw Edwards' first day back at work after his illness and he has to announce this.
bkman1990, JetixFann450 and Sh1ruba gave kudos
RN
Rolling News Central (East) East Midlands Today
Huw Edwards' first day back at work after his illness and he has to announce this.

Let’s be grateful it was Huw announcing it.
RD
RDJ Central (West) Midlands Today
Not wanting to wish for or hope or anticipate for the worst... just to make that clear.

But is the Prime Minister one of the select state figures where News outlets would have an obit package in the can for them? I would have thought they would be given the increased risk for events such as assassinations etc.
Central News South January 9th 1989 - December 3rd 2006
RN
Rolling News Central (East) East Midlands Today
Is Kasia Madera always like this when delivering Breaking News? She was giving out random emergency phone numbers earlier and having to correct herself and telling people not to ring them!? She started going off on a tangent about all the things Boris Johnson wanted to do but now can't as if he'd died - and had to stop herself going any further.

Nothing against Kasia in general as I think she's great on Newsday, but she seems to be getting a bit consumed in the news.

James Reynolds is on now and in his element again.
bkman1990 and Custard56 gave kudos
IS
Inspector Sands
RDJ posted:
Not wanting to wish for or hope or anticipate for the worst... just to make that clear.

But is the Prime Minister one of the select state figures where News outlets would have an obit package in the can for them? I would have thought they would be given the increased risk for events such as assassinations etc.

News organisations have obit packages/articles ready for most important people, and those who are well known but not particularly important. It's not a few select people who they prepare for as has been seen many times when a celebrity dies and there's a package on screen within minutes.

However the Prime Minister is one of those whom the broadcasters, particularly the BBC have procedures for, and are rehearsed for. Not just coverage of a death but the events afterwards and the state funeral* They are known as 'category 1' https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2015/06/03/the-bbc-goes-to-extraordinary-lengths-to-prepare-for-the-death-of-a-royal/

*that said should anyone who is eligible for a state funeral pass away during this pandemic I imagine that it would be very different from the procedures and protocol that's been around for decades
JA
james-2001 Central (East) East Midlands Today
News organisations have obit packages/articles ready for most important people, and those who are well known but not particularly important. It's not a few select people who they prepare for as has been seen many times when a celebrity dies and there's a package on screen within minutes.

Or on some situations, when they haven't died. I believe Norman Wisdom had this.
BR
Brekkie Wales Wales Today

More worryingly first day back and the BBC put someone in a studio with him who recently spent time on a Coronavirus ITU ward.
Be nicer and more tolerant to each other. Them's the rules.

Newer posts

No further posts are being accepted for this topic