The Newsroom

BBC News: Presenters, correspondent & rotas

Split from BBC News: Presenters & Rotas (July 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
AN
Andrew Founding member
RDJ posted:
When was the last time Huw did the Six? It's been a while!

Well it’s now normal for the same presenter to do the Six and the Ten, especially as there is now no longer a Five
RN
Rolling News
RDJ posted:

Well it’s now normal for the same presenter to do the Six and the Ten, especially as there is now no longer a Five

I do wonder if this trend will continue once Coronavirus has eventually passed and the cuts which were announced (seems like years ago now) will kick in?
NE
Newsroom
RDJ posted:

From studio E quite a while, from OB as brekkie mentioned - not so long.

Looking forward to seeing him back.
OW
Owen_ploc
Huw is back!
bkman1990 and News96 gave kudos
CM
cmthwtv
Studio E - May last year, European Election results day.

OB - Brussels.
HE
headliner101
RDJ posted:

Please refresh my memory. What happened to the Five? Cost-cutting? I believe if the Six and Ten having a common presenter is a permanent arrangement, I presume it's cost-cutting too.
RN
Rolling News
RDJ posted:

Please refresh my memory. What happened to the Five? Cost-cutting? I believe if the Six and Ten having a common presenter is a permanent arrangement, I presume it's cost-cutting too.

Well, since the daily press conference started at 5pm a couple of weeks ago, they now have a BBC News Special programme starting at 3:45pm (God knows why) meaning the Five is now displaced temporarily (whether this will become permanent is anyone’s guess). But it is saving the cost of an extra presenter as the presenter of the One is now staying on the NC until 3:45pm, when someone else takes over for the Special. So they now only have 2 presenters in the afternoon rather than before when they had 3 (the One, Afternoon Live and the Five).
JF
JF World News
RDJ posted:

Think it was over christmas
MF
Matthew_Fieldhouse
RDJ posted:

Think it was Christmas Day when schedules were similar to normal weekends. Huw did the early evening news and was supposed to do the late news but it was only scheduled for 5 minutes so Martine Croxall did it.
RN
Rolling News
RDJ posted:

Think it was over christmas

Generally that week between Christmas and New Year isn't the One, Six or Ten. It's generally just weekend length bulletins on weekdays.
NE
News96
RDJ posted:

Think it was Christmas Day when schedules were similar to normal weekends. Huw did the early evening news and was supposed to do the late news but it was only scheduled for 5 minutes so Martine Croxall did it.

A bit right but it was New Years Day when this happened.
DH
DH33
James Reynolds doing a long shift tonight he is still on at 2am.*

Newer posts