TV Home Forum

New Sky channels: Crime, Comedy, Documentaries, Nature

Sky Documentaries, History and Nature now launched (August 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JF
JetixFann450
It seems that Sky One's logo is much more brighter. Does this mean a refresh incoming to the idents? Will we finally see the back of that dreaded "Leaves" break bumper?
:-(
A former member
Looks good. Don’t think it’s made it to air yet has it? Just saw an ad for Sky Atlantic with the old logo.
TV
TVVT
Those new logos look lovely
ST
Stuart
Sky Nature logo shown here:
They've scrapped the leaves.

Thanks for that TellyTime, I've now edited my original picture to include that. Very Happy
OV
Orry Verducci
Looks good. Don’t think it’s made it to air yet has it? Just saw an ad for Sky Atlantic with the old logo.

The new Sky Atlantic logo aired on Wednesday night before the Sky News Virus Pandemic special, replacing the old logo on the content warning notice. Not sure if they've already replaced the content warning for all programmes or if it aired by accident.
JF
JetixFann450

Seems like Sky Go are now using the new Sky Atlantic logo. No signs on Sky One though.
PF
PFML84
New logos are being used on the online TV Guide on Sky.com

So it looks like the Sky logo is a silver-ish colour rather than white, but for some channels it changes to the colour of the channel logo.
Last edited by PFML84 on 7 April 2020 1:18pm
:-(
A former member
News will be the interesting one. Can’t picture the logo working with the current style of titles.
FA
fanoftv
I may be in the minority but I think it works better in the crime & comedy logos where the colouring of sky matches the colour of the box.
JA
JAS84
News will be the interesting one. Can’t picture the logo working with the current style of titles.
Sports too, as they didn't have Sky on a white background like the others.
DW
DavidWhitfield
I may be in the minority but I think it works better in the crime & comedy logos where the colouring of sky matches the colour of the box.

Depends how they're used. If Sky Witness for example were to employ this, the 'sky' would be black and would get lost on a lot of backgrounds.
TV
TVVT
Well Sky Crime and Comedy use different colours on their backgrounds so they’d be able to use their main colour for the Sky part.

Newer posts