TV Home Forum

Coronavirus | Schedule Changes

(March 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
VA
valley
I don't know about the intro as I was watching on Sky News but I'm guessing it will be the first and last time a BBC ident will be shown on Sky.

No, since BBC Studios produce a proportion of The Queen's Christmas Message, which is shown on Sky News and Sky One.
RD
RDJ
I'm assuming that the BBC are the only go to people for times of emergency addresses from the Queen like today?

The BBC/ITV/Sky rotation only applies to the Christmas message?
:-(
A former member
The member requested removal of this post
Last edited by A former member on 26 March 2021 3:43pm
TI
TIGHazard
I don't know about the intro as I was watching on Sky News but I'm guessing it will be the first and last time a BBC ident will be shown on Sky.

No, since BBC Studios produce a proportion of The Queen's Christmas Message, which is shown on Sky News and Sky One.

Yes but it sounds like the 'Oneness' ident was aired as part of it.

Something which I don't think has happened for the Christmas message.
VA
valley
RDJ posted:
I'm assuming that the BBC are the only go to people for times of emergency addresses from the Queen like today?

For what it’s worth, the last non-Christmas address from the Queen (after the Diamond Jubilee) was an ITN production.
VA
valley

Yes but it sounds like the 'Oneness' ident was aired as part of it.

Something which I don't think has happened for the Christmas message.

Not that I’m aware of. Started with Dermot welcoming viewers, speech played ending with BBC Studios endcard, then back to Dermot momentarily before Sky One TX crashed to a break.
AN
Andrew Founding member
Why would a Oneness ident air on Sky?!
DB
dbl

Junction comparison video between BBC1, ITV, Channel 4 & Channel 5 into The Queen
BR
Brekkie
Has to be the first time in a long time that C4 have played out a Queens message at the same time as BBC/ITV. I guess they may have shown the Diana one live, but then at that time they made a point of being somewhat of a refuge from the news in the days most have 4 or 5 channels.

Have C5 ever aired the Queens Speech at 3pm on Christmas Day?
PL
plymouthbloke1974
How many channels carried the queens message I know bbc one and bbc news, itv, channel 4 , channel 5 , sky one and sky news did - whom else?

I didn't get too far down the EPG but saw that Forces TV showed it.

Sky Sports News also showed it - along with their side bars and info bar at the bottom.
GE
thegeek Founding member
How many channels carried the queens message I know bbc one and bbc news, itv, channel 4 , channel 5 , sky one and sky news did - whom else?

It appears the News Channel had live in-vision signing. (the signed version on iPlayer has the lower thirds too)
SW
Steve Williams
RDJ posted:

No, as mentioned they do rotate for the big royal occasions, there just aren't that many of them. The speech after the Queen Mother died was an ITN production, and there was a bit of a hoo-ha at the time that it wasn't being done by the Beeb and the papers used that to suggest the Royals didn't like the Beeb's coverage, but the Palace were at pains to point out it was because it was ITN's turn.

Has to be the first time in a long time that C4 have played out a Queens message at the same time as BBC/ITV. I guess they may have shown the Diana one live, but then at that time they made a point of being somewhat of a refuge from the news in the days most have 4 or 5 channels.

Have C5 ever aired the Queens Speech at 3pm on Christmas Day?

No, though Sky One have done on many occasions. The C4 screening last night must have been a last minute decision, it wasn't in the EPG.

Newer posts