The Gallery

ITV 2020 Rebrand Project

Giving each channel a new look, and a stronger identity. #6Channels1Network (March 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
OA
Owen A
So having taken in feedback on the new logos, I've ditched words and tried out numerals. I took up PFMC84's idea of using a slant to divide the ITV and the numeral too. The ITV is also now 'boxed' in a friendly blue gradient and the channel numerals are in their brand colour. I know a few things need tweaking but I just wanted to give a rough idea of how these new logos would look. Can't wait for new feedback Smile

If people like these I'll try and incorporate some design elements into the other graphics ( ECP, promos, break bumpers etc) and maybe try with the new CITV logo.
Last edited by Owen A on 3 April 2020 4:36pm - 2 times in total
TVLand and davidmarper2010 gave kudos
JO
Joe
Massive step back. Boxing a logo is never a good sign. Especially one so curvey and free-flowing.
BBI45, DeeMartie and TVVT gave kudos
BR
Brekkie
Much better than your previous effort.
PF
PFML84
Perhaps try not having a box at all, but the logo and the numeral with a separator between them, doesn't just have to be a slash. The colours for the brands can be reflected in the idents and on screen branding of each channel, but the logos themselves would look just fine on their own in black on a white background.
OA
Owen A
Tried something new again, nothing is boxed in now, so does look pretty similar to the current logos tbh. Numerals are smaller and in the channel/brand colours and the dot on the i in the ITV logo is filled in with the channel/brand colour also. I think this gives the actual ITV logo a bit more vibrance as in all the other editions of the mock they were just sat there next to the numerals/words really. I've added a few more dots to the CITV, which coincidentally fits with the idea of the ITV dot being coloured in. Obviously a bit different to the last one, just thought I'd try something different. Let me know what you think Smile

MP
Michael Power
I like the new logos! Make sure you are using the SVG vector to not have the logos to not be pixellated. Smile
BA
Ballyboy
Much better than the boxed logo. very nice man
LY
Lynetwork
Now that's better!
DW
DavidWhitfield
I think that update is very good, Owen. You've definitely managed to sort your 'colour' issue out; these have just enough colour to be interesting and clearly distinct from each other, while not being overwhelming. Lovely sizing/positioning of the numeral, too. I think these are all great and will look forward to seeing the surrounding presentation.
OA
Owen A
Thanks for all the positive feedback - I've now made changes to the other graphics as well as the logos. The bold text of the 'New Series' or 'Back Soon' is now in that particular channel branding colour. I've altered the colour for ITV 1 now and tidied the logo up with the SVG. I also made a few adjustments to the CITV logo too. Here's the images Smile

Last edited by Owen A on 4 April 2020 2:10pm - 2 times in total
PF
PFML84
These look better, but remember the sizing and proportions, the ITV 2 logo on the example above is much bigger than the ITV 4 one.

I think the style works for trailer end boards and promos during the credits, but not really for going into and coming out of breaks, which ITV don't really use any more, they just crash into a bumper and then into the sponsorship slide or adverts. These holding pages seem like they have been relegated to the past and are only used if the programme has them made specifically rather than generic ones.
OA
Owen A
I've now tried these new logo designs with different programmes, and modified the break bumper so it's just the ITV logo as if it is just a quick bumper. The CITV logo also now uses actual circles around the C and some colours have changed - I think it looks more polished now. The promo's layout is slightly changed, with the channel logo now being on the left; I just tried this and I don't know why, but I just think it looks better. I think I've managed to fix any alignment and sizing issues too. Hope this gives a better idea of how it could look on air, as I've used The Voice from the start so wanted a fresh show to work with. Here's the images:

Last edited by Owen A on 5 April 2020 1:24pm

Newer posts