TV Home Forum

Coronation Street

Costa & Coop p68: Repeats on ITV3: Is there too many spoilers?

JB
JasonB London London
Stroke of luck that the mid-week, between-episode cliffhanger happened to be chilling enough to work as an end-of-week one, and wasn't just Roy looking for a spoon.

Don't tell me I've missed some spoon adventures with Roy?!

Matron!
Have you washed your hands?
JE
Jez Founding member Wales Wales Today
I haven't seen Corrie yet, but watched Emmerdale last night and there was a mention of April Fools Day there as well. Its going to be even worse when we get to the VE Day celebrations which should have been broadcast on 8th May, we should see that about 6 weeks late. Also the various Bank Holidays although the one at the end of May is usually BGT week and they don't always acknowledge its a Bank Holiday as the episodes often tend to be set on one day for the full week.

On Classic Corrie yesterday we got our first appearance of the Wiltons garden gnomes! Wink

Helen Worth has been amazing the last few weeks. Those who agree that Gail isn't anywhere near as good in the modern Corrie need to see Gail at her best in Classic Corrie. Still cant believe that in 1995 (not all that long ago really) it generally was seen as acceptable for a man to have a one night stand/affair and the woman should just get over it when she found out. Martin never one of my faves but he really has gone down in my estimations. And we know this isn't the only time he cheated on Gail. She should have got rid of him back in 1995.
JA
james-2001 Central (East) East Midlands Today
Gail has somehow had a halving of her IQ in recent years. I'm not sure why they decided to turn her into an airhead when you see her 80s, 90s and 00s character.
SC
Si-Co Tyne Tees Look North (North East)
Random Corrie-related question - at the start of the montage at the end of the tram crash episodes, there is a close-up shot of the Webster’s radio. I wonder if the implication is meant to be that the song is playing on the radio - as if the producers felt it too jarring to randomly play music over the montage? Why else show the radio so clearly? Though the mood Sally was in, I wouldn’t have thought turning on Piccadilly Gold (or whatever) would have been something she would have done.

Perhaps I’m overthinking again...
CEEFAX SUBTITLES BEGIN SHORTLY
JE
I see they have recast the role of Aadi Alahan. Often happens with young actors in soaps and the character looks at 3 years older when they get recast!

I am enjoying watching Corrie at the pace of 3 per week - I usually watch double episodes back to back as one episode of about 45 minutes but having a gap of at least 2 days between each episode works rather well I think and the 'cliffhangers' so far have been decent.

I see Doc Martin is replacing Emmerdale next Tuesday, I wonder if originally Emmerdale was meant to be an hour next Tuesday and we were due to have the ridiculous extra 7th episode per week again for a few months.
BA
bilky asko Tyne Tees Look North (North East)
Si-Co posted:
Random Corrie-related question - at the start of the montage at the end of the tram crash episodes, there is a close-up shot of the Webster’s radio. I wonder if the implication is meant to be that the song is playing on the radio - as if the producers felt it too jarring to randomly play music over the montage? Why else show the radio so clearly? Though the mood Sally was in, I wouldn’t have thought turning on Piccadilly Gold (or whatever) would have been something she would have done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyJUt1oKYS4

Perhaps I’m overthinking again...

I think that's precisely the reason.
JA
Jez posted:
I wonder if originally Emmerdale was meant to be an hour next Tuesday and we were due to have the ridiculous extra 7th episode per week again for a few months.

Might explain why they were planning on only cutting Emmerdale down to 5 episodes a week at first, until they suspended production entirely.
JE
Jez posted:
I wonder if originally Emmerdale was meant to be an hour next Tuesday and we were due to have the ridiculous extra 7th episode per week again for a few months.

Might explain why they were planning on only cutting Emmerdale down to 5 episodes a week at first, until they suspended production entirely.

Yes and if they have been filming enough for 7 per week that should keep it going a few weeks longer if/when they run out of episodes.
JA
Hopefully there'll be a point in the not too distant future where they'll be able to resume at least limited filming. But that could still be weeks away.

8 days later

JA
The Derek & the gnome storyline has started now... was used as the example for how the show had gone wrong at the time.
DW
DavidWhitfield Tyne Tees Look North (North East)
First appearance of Adam Hussain as Aadi Alahan 2.0 tonight.
Guess who's big in the back time!
BR
Brekkie Wales Wales Today
Maybe Dev will be relevant again for the first time in years now his kids have grown up to have their own storylines.
Stay Local. Stay Safe. Stay Alive.

Newer posts