TV Home Forum

Question Time

(March 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
FO
FOX35
Without doubt, I think that was the best episode of QT I have ever seen and not just because of the critical topic. Going forward, I hope the BBC continue with this new format when the present crisis passes, even with the 8pm Prime Time slot too. The old late night broadcast with pre-scripted questions, audience members shouting and panalists trying to out do each other whilst grandstanding, surley must now be a thing of the past.
Well done BBC!
JO
Johnr
Unsurprisingly Question Time is now travelling around virtually rather than physically!
NG
noggin Founding member
That must have been a more recent thing, back when I was involved it was done by Millbank.
Who turned around the programme which had been digital all the way through the chain, via Beta SP to give the PAL artifacts it had been missing........

Though to be fair the PAL artefacts weren't introduced by the Beta SP...
WO
Worzel
Much prefer this format and I hope it continues.
BR
Brekkie
I do suspect some of the changes we've seen (across the media and in the wider world) will stay in place long term - some because it's practical, others because people have seen what can be done with skeleton staff and will see roles as redundant, especially as job losses due to lost earnings are sadly inevitable.
CO
commseng
That must have been a more recent thing, back when I was involved it was done by Millbank.
Who turned around the programme which had been digital all the way through the chain, via Beta SP to give the PAL artifacts it had been missing........

Yes, the entire infrastructure at Millbank is never on the front line to be upgraded.
MA
Markymark

Yes, the entire infrastructure at Millbank is never on the front line to be upgraded.

It was described to me when I did some work there 20 years ago, as the forgotten BBC English Region!
RA
radiolistener
Really enjoying this much calmer, much more focused QT then the Colosseum that it became over the years.
:-(
A former member
The member requested removal of this post
JO
Jon
It also makes the whole Brexit situation seem so trivial in comparison.
AN
Andrew Founding member
Really enjoying this much calmer, much more focused QT then the Colosseum that it became over the years.

More light, less heat.

Isn't it remarkable that after Brexit we have largely come together as a nation finally, but not in the way we would have imagined it.

I’m not sure social media is there quite yet, it’s still mostly extreme ranting and raving with no middle ground as per usual, at all stages of this current crisis.
JO
Jonwo

More light, less heat.

Isn't it remarkable that after Brexit we have largely come together as a nation finally, but not in the way we would have imagined it.

I’m not sure social media is there quite yet, it’s still mostly extreme ranting and raving with no middle ground as per usual, at all stages of this current crisis.

I honestly think people would be a lot happier if they cut down or cut out their social media especially Twitter which brings out the worse in people.

Newer posts