TV Home Forum

Who Wants to be a Millionaire?

Sunday 8pm on ITV (February 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JO
Jon
Was inevitable but gutting they've just gone to celeb specials so quickly.

To be fair it’s a celebrity special for what is (meant to be) a public holiday which is a long standing TV tradition. Not the same as throwing out celebrity episodes at random points in the year.
AN
all new Phil

I did wonder if dramas which they may have intended to play out nightly might switch to being played out weerkly to spread content a bit thinner, but to be honest I don't think Quiz is something that could sustain that. It's a TV movie at best really.

I thought the opposite. Makes more sense to strip things over the week to me. People aren’t exactly going out and doing this might discourage them from doing so even more. In the era of binge-watching, particularly right now, having to wait a week between episodes seems odd.
SC
Score
Jon posted:

To be fair it’s a celebrity special for what is (meant to be) a public holiday which is a long standing TV tradition. Not the same as throwing out celebrity episodes at random points in the year.

Plus I believe this celebrity special was filmed with the ones they aired over Christmas, along with the six civilian episodes in the can.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the civilian episodes are stripped across the week that was going to be BGT week at the end of May.
AN
Andrew Founding member

I’m guessing it’s an Easter special!
JO
Johnr
Richard Osman, John Barnes and Charlotte Church, so at least they're at least 'celebrities' that most people should have heard of at some point

In the back of my mind Richard Osman should provide a good game, but then I see only an hour slot scheduled to fit in all 3 contestants
MF
Matthew_Fieldhouse
Johnr posted:
Richard Osman, John Barnes and Charlotte Church, so at least they're at least 'celebrities' that most people should have heard of at some point

In the back of my mind Richard Osman should provide a good game, but then I see only an hour slot scheduled to fit in all 3 contestants

Osman is well-known, other two not really
JA
Jake
Johnr posted:

You're wrong, MatthewF.
GO
gottago
Johnr posted:

Lol, you're joking right?
AA
Amber Avenger
Johnr posted:

Doesn't necessarily mean anything. New Millionaire is ridiculously quick - we've seen the first contestant in a show get to the 1 million pound question with only one ad break since the revival - would have been the whole episode in the Tarrant Era. I'm not saying Richard Osman will be that good, but it's not a reason to write him off.
JO
Jon
Jake posted:
Johnr posted:

You're wrong, MatthewF.

I think MathewF has confused ‘well known’ and ‘well known to him personally’.
Si-Co and Hatton Cross gave kudos
GM
Gary McEwan
So another video from the US. Looking at the game board, 50/50 is no longer being used with the lifelines being, Phone A Friend, Ask the Audience and Ask the Host...

This may have changed due to it now not having an audience..

JO
Jon
You can see the 50:50 graphic there as part of the lifelines in some shots and not in others. I think it’s safe to say it will return at least due to the fact there is no ask the audience.

Newer posts